Chapter Ten

I'm running out of ideas about flashbacks for Cash and Tessa, but they are a must. Tell me what sweet things/problems/fights you want me to write about!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You ready to go clubbing with me?" Cash asked, appearing behind me and putting his hands on my hips from behind me. I put in my stud earrings and grinned at him through the mirror as I began to seductively sway side to side, rubbing my behind against his member. I could feel him going hard and I laughed as his fingers dug into my hips. "Stop it or we'll never leave," he growled in my ear.

I reached back and wrapped my arms around his neck, my back pressed against his chest. "I'm sorry, baby, you're just so tempting." I tilted my head back and gazed at him under hooded eyes.

Cash groaned and his head swooped down to press kisses across my bare shoulders. My red dress was short, barely to the middle of my thighs and backless. It was daring, but I was confident about my body, so I thought why not? Cash seemed to like it a lot.

"I'm going to kill any guy who even looks at you," he growled as his fingers feathed over the skin of my back. I shivered and my eyes closed on its own accord.

"Someone's a little possessive," I breathed.

Turning me around, he looked down at me with smoldering blue eyes. I felt myself getting lost in them. Cash's hand pressed against my lower back and he pushed me against him. "I can't afford not to be. You're so sexy," he purred, then gave me a kiss that left me breathless.

-

"I'm surprised he's letting you hold him without crying," I told Pierce, grinning as he bounced Tanner in his muscular arms.

"Does he usually cry when people try to carry him?" Pierce asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. It took a few days for Tanner to get used to my parents. The first day, he began crying within a minute," I explained.

There was warmth in his eyes. Pierce kissed Tanner on the forehead and my heart instantly clenched. Why couldn't Cash have been like this to Tanner? Cash had never been so sweet and affectionate. Pierce wasn't even the father of my son and he has treated him much better.

Seeing them together made tears appear in my eyes. I tried to blink them away before Pierce saw it, but he was able to read my like a book, so of course he noticed. Pierce frowned and that made Tanner uneasy, so he began to whine uncomfortably.

"Tessa, what's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

I quickly wiped my cheeks. "Nothing."

He gave me a flat look. "Don't give me that, Tess."

"It's just that," I started, rubbing furiously at my eyes. "I just wish...I just wish Cash cared about Tanner as much as you seem to."

"Seem to?" he echoed incredously. "Tessa, I do care about him. And Cash is a," he paused, glanced at the baby, then said, "jerk." I gave a wobbly smile because he had stopped himself from cursing in front of Tanner.

"Pierce, I'm so glad you're back in my life." I hugged him, squishing Tanner in the middle and he gave a bubbly little laugh that made me smother him in kisses all over his face.

"I'm glad I'm back in your life, too," Pierce murmured. I looked up at him, drawn by the tone of his voice and saw that his eyes were alight with longing. "Tessa," he whispered and his face leaned close to mine and I was so sure we were going to kiss again, after a whole six years, but then Tanner interrupted, his hand slapping on both of our cheeks, giggling.