Chapter Fourteen

Drama ahead! :D

And I edited the last chapter, it's not a big change. Instead of going to the amusement park, they're going to the beach which I found easier to write!

PS. The cover was made by KaraRobinson so THANK YOU! :) It's awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was already in bed by the time Cash came home from work. He had been gone for way longer than necessary. I had woken up and he wasn't here and he'd only come back for a quick lunch. Now it was ten and I was lying in bed, wide awake, wondering what I had done wrong, why Cash was so distant lately.

Tanner was already two months and Cash barely even paid any attention to him. There were only a few days when Cash came home in a happy mood and picked up Tanner and gave him the affection he deserved. I didn't know what was wrong, but I desperately hoped he wasn't having an affair.

When he stripped out of his clothes and slid under the covers, I expected his arm to wrap around my waist like he usually did. It was his routine - even though he had been distant lately, he was still a passionate lover in the night. If I was already asleep, he'd kiss me awake and we'd make love and he'd shower me with the attention he failed to give me while it was light.

But this time, he just turned his back and fell asleep instantly. My lower lip wobbled without my consent. What was happening to us? Why was Cash being like this? Why was he hurting me so much? I closed my eyes and curled against the pillow, a tear silently running down my cheek.

-

Going to the beach was always one of my favorite things to do since I was young. I loved being in the water. It was so relaxing, just stroking carelessly through the water and any chance I got to go to the beach, I would. 

"You look so excited," Pierce laughed, his eyes occasionally flickering towards me. "It's like you haven't gone to the beach in forever."

I rolled my eyes and turned to him. "That's because I haven't."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Why not?"

Shrugging, I looked out the window. "Just never really had the time, you know?" I sighed. Being a housewife would've seemed like an easy job, but it wasn't. I had to be the perfect trophy wife for Cash, make friends with all his co-worker's wives, their family friends and that was harder than it sounded.

"Well, you're always going to have time now. What else did you miss out living in New York?" he asked casually.

A smile quirked my lips. "You'll have to find out by taking me out more like this," I told him teasingly.

Pierce chuckled. "That doesn't sound too bad," he admitted, then flashed me a quick look. "But remember, I'm not doing this for you. It's for the little man in the backseat," he said jokingly.

"Aw, Tanner! You're hogging all my friends," I playfully whined, turning back to look at Tanner who was trying to nom on his foot.

The rest of the ride, we just joked around and as I finally got a glimpse of the ocean, I felt myself start to jump in my seat in excitement. I wanted so badly to feel the warm sand under my toes and the cool, salty water brushing against my skin. And I wanted to to introduce Tanner to my favorite hobby of all time - swimming.

We got our things and Pierce let me to a nice spot on the beach. I spread the beach towel and lay Tanner on his back as I began to rub sunscreen lotion on his skin. As I was rubbing the sunscreen in, I felt hands on my shoulders and then Pierce's breath was right over my neck. Goosegumps rose all over my skin.