Chapter Twenty

This chapter is dedicated to beautifulautumn for taking some time and making a cover for me :)

Also, please, please, please check out WarriorWriter's stories! Some of you might know her as MatureContent. Something happened with her account so she had to make a new one so go fan her!Her writing is amazing!

Anyway, here's the chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cash's hand tightly gripped into mine, I reached out to slowly open the door to my apartment. Only to freak out a second later and move away. "This isn't a good idea."

My boyfriend raised an eyebrow. "Why are you so scared of me meeting your parents? It's not like we're at their house and you have no shotgun here, either, right?" he asked.

I bit my lip and looked back towards my apartment door. My roommates had gone to visit their family and my parents had come here instead of me going to Springfield. They hadn't met Cash, yet. Actually, they hadn't even heard about him and I was scared of their reaction, even though I was a twenty-two year old woman, capable of making my own choices. But I still wanted their approval and I didn't know what they would think of Calvin Gallagher, big time CEO of his father's company.

Cash turned me towards him and kissed me hard. "Don't back out now, baby. You've met my parents and it's only fair that I get to meet yous," he murmured against my mouth.

I was breathing heavily when he pulled back and my cheeks were flushed. He traced my swollen lips with his thumb, grinning with his eyes sparkling mischievously. Then he swiftly reached out to open the door.

My parents, Mackenzie and Matt, were sitting on the couch, looking through the albums I had of my college years, pointing out pictures and making little comments. I bit my lip and my face darkened when they looked up at me only for their eyes to immediately be drawn to Cash.

Without pausing a beat, he dragged me forward, each step oozing confidence. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Ryan," he greeted, holding out a hand. "I'm Calvin Gallagher."

My dad looked at me and I could read it in his eyes that we were going to have a serious talk. I bit my lip and gave him a sheepish smile. Then he glanced back over at Cash again. "Tessa didn't tell me she had a boyfriend," he stated.

Cash blanched for a moment. But a easy smile lifted his lips. "Well, let's rectify that, shall we?"

My mother cooed and I could tell she was charmed by Cash's confidence and charisma, but my dad still had on that stony expression on his face. I hesitated, but then as they got into easygoing conversation, I felt myself relax into Cash's side. My parents liked him and that's all that mattered.

-

Paige barged into my house three days later, face a little red in anger and betrayal. I was speechless as she pinned me with a harsh glare and was fleetingly relieved that Pierce had taken Tanner out to the park.

"How could you?" she demanded.

"How could I what?" I asked, shocked and a little unsure. I didn't know what had set Paige off like that. I knew she had always had a really short temper, but she looked spitting mad. Mad enough to kill. I could almost see the steam coming out of her ear.

"You and Pierce!" she spat. "Tessa, I told you to stay away from him! You promised me!" she yelled.

Oh gosh. I had almost forgotten about Paige's newfound hatred for my boyfriend. My face fell and an apologetic expression took over. "I'm sorry..."