Chapter Three | Duke and Duchess of Sussex

ChApter Three | Duke and Duchess of Sussex

❝When I think about what I want to wish for everything that comes to mind is about us

When I think about what I want to wish for everything that comes to mind is about us. Our future, our happiness.

"I'm sorry, Ellie, I know this is not what you want." Harry said as he helped Elena move her things into his cottage.

"It's not in our control, Harry, so please stop apologizing every time you look my way." Elena said as she places a box down.

"We may not be in love but I hope we can have a friendship in our marriage." Harry said.

"We're already friends, Harry." Elena said.

"I know but I just want you to know I'll do everything in my power to protect you." Harry said.

"Thank you, Harry." Elena said.

"You're welcome, Ellie." Harry said.

The Queen gives new royal title to Prince Harry and Ellie Goulding

The couple's new title was revealed this morning.

Prince Harry and Ellie Goulding will officially be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex following the conformation of their 2010 wedding. The Queen has bestowed a dukedom and new title upon the couple, now that Ellie is officially be part of the royal family. A statement from Kensington Palace read: "The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince Henry of Wales.  His titles will be Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel. Prince Harry thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Sussex, and Miss Ellie Goulding by marriage becomes Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex."

It was previously suggested that the most likely contender for Harry and Ellie's new title was the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. The only previous Duke of Sussex was married twice, but neither marriages were considered lawful by his father George III, meaning they were considered unlawful. It therefore stands that Ellie is the first woman to lawfully use the title, HRH The Duchess of Sussex.

If the Queen hadn't had given Harry a peerage, he would have kept his title HRH Prince Henry of Wales, and his new wife Ellie would have been styled as HRH Princess Henry of Wales.

The 92-year-old monarch recently gave her formal consent to Harry and Ellie's marriage. Under the Great Seal of the Realm, the Queen signed an elaborate notice of approval which proclaimed the consent to the union of "Our Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales, K.C.V.O., and Elena "Ellie" Jane Goulding".

Ellie and Harry Attend '100 Days to Peace' Event

Today, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended '100 Days To Peace', a gala concert in aid of mental health charities supported by the Duke of Sussex at Central Hall Westminster in London.

The evening of music and reflection to mark the centenary of the last 100 days of First World War hostilities includes Sir Karl Jenkins conducting his internationally acclaimed work "The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace", performed by the Royal Choral Society and the Philharmonia Orchestra.

Ellie wore a royal blue dress for the evening, which was a colourful selection for her! The simple sheath dress had a subtle flair to with the addition of the pleats and seam detailing on the front, although the fit was perhaps a little miscalculated as several angles of the photos were not all as flattering as the dress itself. And THOSE SHOES. We love the bejewelled Aquazzura shoes!

Elena was currently at Buckingham Palace having tea with the Queen, Camilla, and Catherine. She knew the ladies were able trying to convince her to give her marriage a chance.

Elena was not in the mood but she knew she had to be respectful to the Queen.

"I have to say Elena, you're adjusting way better than I thought you would." Queen Elizabeth said, smiling.

"Thank you, ma'am." Elena said.

"I know this is very hard for you but Elena, you once had feelings for my grandson and I believe you still do. I hope you two can make this marriage work. I know it seems unfair that I won't allow you two to divorce but this is something beyond my control. We need to protect the image of the firm." Queen Elizabeth said.

"I understand, ma'am." Elena said.

Queen Elizabeth sighed and looked over at Camilla and Catherine.

Camilla cleared her throat and fixed the napkin on her lap.

"So Elena, have you decided on your patronages?" Camilla asked.

"Yes, I have picked three so far but Harry told me that the Queen would hand over a few to me." Elena answered.

"Oh, Yes. I have chosen to hand over to you two patronages of mine." Queen Elizabeth said.

"Oh thank you." Elena said.

The Duchess of Sussex announces Patronages

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex will become Patron of four organisations that reflect the causes and issues with which she has long been associated including the arts, access to education, support for women and animal welfare.

Her Majesty The Queen has passed on two patronages to The Duchess of Sussex –The National Theatre and The Association of Commonwealth Universities. The Queen has held the roles for 45 and 33 years respectively. Her Royal Highness will also take on Patronage of two additional charities as part of her official working portfolio – Smart Works and Mayhew.

The Duchess is delighted to become Patron of both national and grassroots organisations that are part of the fabric of the UK, and is very much looking forward to working with them to bring wider public attention to their causes. Her Royal Highness feels she can use her position to focus attention on, and make a particular difference to these organisations and, more widely, the sectors they each represent.

For the arts, the National Theatre's mission is to make world class theatre that is entertaining, challenging and inspiring for everyone and to be as inclusive, diverse and national as possible. In support of access to education, the Association of Commonwealth Universities is the world's first and oldest international university network and the only accredited organisation representing higher education across all 53 Commonwealth countries.

With regards to supporting women, Smart Works helps long-term unemployed and vulnerable women regain the skills, confidence and tools to succeed at job interviews, return to employment and transform their lives. In terms of animal welfare, Mayhew is a grassroots charity working in a unique way to improve the lives of animals and people to better communities both in London and internationally.

Over the last month, Her Royal Highness has held meetings and conducted private visits with each of these organisations. The Duchess will today visit Smart Works and over the next few weeks will undertake public visits to the other three organisations.