Chapter Five | December 2018

there's not a day that will go by that I won't think of you

December 14 2018

"Beatrice, can I talk to you?" Nicholas asked.

"Of course, Nicholas. What's wrong?" Beatrice replied.

Beatrice followed Nicholas down corridors lined with famous portraits, before finally they reached some double doors which led to the grounds. The moon was crisp in the sky and sent rays of moonlight down to highlight the frozen grass. Beatrice's breath steamed before her in the air as she followed him outside.

"Nothing is wrong, I u-umm... I just need to ask you a question..." Nicholas said.

"What is it?" She asked. Nicholas took her hands in his and looked her in the eyes. He kept staring at her, unable to think.

"Umm Nicholas?"

"Huh, what?"

"Nicholas, what did you need to ask me? You didn't ask me to come out here just to stare at me." She said.

"Okay Beatrice. You know I can't live without you. And I want to spend forever with you." He said.

"I know Nicholas. I want to be with you forever too!" She said.

"Well... what would you think about making that...official?" He asked.

"What do you mean? We are official already! " She answered.

Ugh. How could she not see where he was going with this?

Nicholas sighed and kneel down on one knee and Beatrice can't help but let "Oh my God!" escape her lips in a whisper.

"Beatrice Elizabeth Mary, When I look into my heart, I see only you. If you can look into your heart and only see me, then we should spend the rest of our lives together. I ask you to pass through life at my side-to be my second self, and best earthly companion. Will you marry me?" Nicholas asks.

Beatrice's hands cover her mouth, and it muffles her answer.

"What was that?" Nicholas asked.

"Yes!" Beatrice screams out happily.

They walked back inside and was immediately bombarded by their families.

"Congratulations!"

"Let me see the ring!"

"Congrats!"