Chapter Eleven | Lion King

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex ✔️
@TheRoyalSussex

Today, The Duchess of Sussex accompanied The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC) to the women's @Wimbledon 🎾final.

Photo credit: PA / Mike Hewitt - Getty Images

#Wimbledon    #Wimbledon2019

1:21 PM • 7/13/19 • Twitter For IPhone

-

Girls' day out! Duchess Ellie, Duchess Kate and Pippa Middleton attend Wimbledon together

Wimbledon sightings: Ellie, Kate and Pippa attend together

It was a girls' day out for some members of the royal family (and Pippa Middleton!) on Saturday.

Duchess Ellie, Duchess Kate and Kate's younger sister attended a match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London.

The match was the women's singles final between Serena Williams, and Romania's Simona Halep.

The women sat side-by-side in the Royal Box on Centre Court.

Kate wore an emerald green dress with gold buttons by Dolce & Gabbana, a look she previously sported during her 2016 visit to Canada.

Ellie went with a light blue mini dress with short sleeves.

Pippa also went for white and blue, in the form of a floral mini-dress with ruffled sleeves.

This isn't the first royal appearance at Wimbledon this year. Ellie also stepped out last week at the championship.

-

Ellie of Sussex Stuns in a Perfect Black Dress at 'The Lion King' Premiere in London

On Sunday night, the stars of Disney's The Lion King stepped out for the film's premiere in London.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Ellie Goulding, were also on the guest list and walked the red carpet together ahead of the film.

A pregnant Ellie looked incredible in a black, tea-length dress for her first red carpet appearance as an official member of the royal family.

Sometimes celebrities are referred to as "red carpet royalty," but when actual royalty walks the red carpet, things get next level.

Case in point: These pictures of Duchess Ellie and Prince Harry walking the red carpet at The Lion King's London premiere Sunday night.

News that Harry would be attending the Lion King premiere broke in late June:

"Prince Harry will attend the Euro premiere of @disneylionking on July 14, which is being held in support of his conservation work through The Royal Foundation.@WaltDisneyCo have also announced #ProtectThePride, a campaign to protect the dwindling lion population across Africa," royal reporter Omid Scobie wrote on Twitter on June 28.

Naturally, royal fans immediately began hopefully speculating that a Ellie/Beyonce meeting could be in the stars—even though there was no official word that Ellie would be attending with Harry.

Earlier this week, however, Scobie reported that Buckingham Palace had confirmed that Ellie would, in fact, attend the premiere.

"Buckingham Palace confirm that Duchess Ellie will be joining Harry on the carpet for the #LionKing premiere this Sunday. And yes, @Beyonce's people tell me that she will be attending. Expect the internet break down," Scobie wrote on Twitter on July 11.

Ellie brought it for her first red carpet premiere since becoming a royal. She wore a black, tea-length dress with long sleeves.

Ellie wore her hair pulled back in a tight, low bun and a pair of diamond and black earrings.

Harry wore a classic tux and looked so happy to be sharing the moment with Ellie.

-

Ellie Goulding Meets Beyoncé at 'The Lion King' Premiere in London

On Sunday night, Beyoncé and the other stars of Disney's new The Lion King remake stepped out in London for the film's European premiere.

Prince Harry and Ellie Goulding were also invited to the star-studded event and walked the red carpet together.

Even before Buckingham Palace confirmed that Ellie would attend the premiere with Harry, fans got excited about the possibility of the duchess meeting Beyoncé.

This is not a drill: Ellie Goulding, actual British royalty, is sharing oxygen with Beyoncé, music royalty.

How did this come to be? Well, Ellie and her husband, Prince Harry, were guests at the European premiere of Disney's The Lion King in London on Sunday night, along with the film's stars. That, obviously, includes Queen Bey.

The stars aligned tonight, and Ellie, Duchess of Sussex did indeed get the chance to meet Beyoncé at the Lion King's London premiere. Thankfully, the meeting was caught on camera, so the world gets to take in two icons having a moment for the first time. There was a hug, baby talk, and lots of smiles.