Chapter Eight | Wedding Media

She's been dangerously bad, hypnotically dangerous, tragically hypnotizing, and beautifully tragic

June 18, 2019

Wedding of Prince Nicholas, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, and Princess Beatrice of York

The wedding of Prince Nicholas, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, and Princess Beatrice of York took place on 17 and 18 June 2019. A civil ceremony was held on 19 October followed by a Roman Catholic wedding ceremony at Notre-Dame Cathedral in Luxembourg City the next day. The 2019 wedding marked the largest event for the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and the country in years. More than 120 international media organisations requested accreditation for the event, including TV channels and newspapers from the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Sweden, China, Morocco, Russia and the US.

Prince Nicholas, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg was the last unmarried heir apparent of a monarchy in Europe prior to the wedding. The bride, Princess Beatrice of York, became Princess Beatrice, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

Civil ceremony

Prince Nicholas and Princess Beatrice were married in a small civil ceremony on 17 June 2019, conducted by Luxembourg Mayor Xavier Bettel.

Religious ceremony

The more elaborate, Catholic wedding ceremony was held in Notre-Dame Cathedral the next day. The ceremony, which began shortly after 11:00 a.m. on 18 June, was officiated by Archbishop Jean-Claude Hollerich of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Luxembourg. The weather on the day of the ceremony was described as "unseasonably warm." Princess Beatrice was escorted into the Cathedral by her father, Prince Andrew, Duke of York. Hereditary Grand Duke Nicholas arrived at the ceremony with his mother, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg.

The bride and groom exchanged wedding rings crafted entirely from fair trade gold.

The couple exchanged a public kiss before a crowd of well-wishers on the balcony of the Grand Ducal Palace after the ceremony.

Wedding attire

Princess Beatrice's wedding dress was designed by British fashion designer Zac Posen. The dress was described as an "ivory lace gown embroidered with silver filigree" ball gown with "three-quarter length sleeves." Her gown was accompanied by a silk tulle veil, featuring a motif of silver floral designs trailing thirteen feet behind her and The Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara.

Prince Nicholas wore a Luxembourgish military uniform.

Bridal attendants

The bridal attendants were the bridegroom's sister, nephew and second cousin, and cousins of the bride.

Elena, Duchess of Sussex stuns at Luxembourg Royal Wedding Gala Dinner

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended the gala dinner which took place prior to the royal wedding of Prince Nicholas of Luxembourg and Princess Beatrice of York at the Grand-ducal Palace in Luxembourg on Friday.

Ellie looked beautiful wearing The Burmese Ruby Tiara with a princess-like ball gown by Valentino, in a strapless red ensemble that featured a full skirted A-line silhouette.

Ellie brought a bit of old Hollywood glamour with her pin curled bob hairstyle.

She accessorized her elegant ensemble with a gold metallic Jimmy Choo clutch, Princess Diana jewels, Christian Louboutin heels and completed her look with a nude lip.

-

Ellie, Duchess of Sussex Sparks Pregnancy Rumors As Fans Are Convinced Dress Hides Baby Bump

At the religious ceremony of Prince Nicholas of Luxembourg and Princess Beatrice of York, the Duchess of Sussex looked elegant in a pastel pink coat dress and matching hat by Emilia Wickstead, which she paired with her trusty nude heels and £3,500 pink topaz and diamond drop earrings in white gold from Kiki McDonough.

Many were quick to point out that the coat dress that appeared to be loose fitting around her stomach area, "I have a feeling Ellie is pregnant," one fan of the new royal wrote while another commented on her "glowing" skin. But others were quick to deny that the Duchess was pregnant claiming that the dress coat are not meant to be tight.

Although there seems to be no baby on the way just yet, Harry have expressed his desire to have a family together in previous interviews and they are reportedly already thinking about baby names so they can be well prepared for when it does happen. Since Harry's brother, Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton have three children of their own, we're sure the ginger-haired royal couple would love to add to the brood! We can't think of anything much better than a bunch of royal cousins adorably growing up together!