01 | chase

01 | CHASE

01 | CHASE

THE TRICYCLE FINALLY departed to her destination. She immediately left from hell - from being sandwiched between the tricycle driver and from an unknown lady who had essence from her oxter at the motorcycle.

"Manong, bayad ko!" sabi niya at walang patumpik-tumpik na umalis kaagad. Tinawag pa siya nito para kunin ang sukli niya pero hindi niya na ito pinansin.

She had enough, but she had no choice earlier. Kung hindi kaagad siya sasakay ng tricycle, aabutan siya ng gabi para makasakay lang. Ayaw pa nga ng ibang tricycle magpasakay dahil may traffic enforcer daw na nagbabantay. Panigurado na ang mga hindi nagpapasakay ay colorum.

Wala siyang magawa kundi magpara ng ibang tricycle na may bakante. She just happened to get on in a vehicle full of stinkiness. Luckily, the tricycle was not a colorum, but she just happened to be unfortunate.

Or . . . she's just a certified judgmental.

She knew that the tricycle driver just happened to be smelly because of a whole day's work. It's unavoidable. However, the girl beside her earlier has a more intense smell.

Parang hindi nakapag-lagay ng roll on.

Napatigil siya sa harap ng isang malaking first floored building. Sa gitna ng building, may pangalan na Centro Turismo de Panay.

Centro Turismo de Panay was one of the highlights of the town. The building was divided into two shops; an art shop and a café. Considering the town was a cultural heritage, the building was painted with vintage colours, perfect for photographs and for estetik-lang-ang-habol. It matches the vibes of cultural heritages next to it.

Two shops were owned by different owners. Pumasok siya sa kabilang shop kung saan tinatawag itong Douceur et Soif: le Restaurant et Café.

Douceur et Soif: le Restaurant et Café was where she works her part time, owned by her aunt, Tita Carmen, who happened to gave them their current home. Kung hindi dahil sa Tita niya, baka wala na silang tinutuluyan ng ina niya.

Pagpasok, bumungad kaagad sa kaniya ang isa sa mga katrabaho nila, si Kharla na nakasuot pa rin ng kaniyang uniporme na animo'y kararating lang. Nasa encounter ito ngayon at nakaupo sa tapat ng air conditioner. Ang iba naman ay naglilinis ngayon.

Nang makita siya nito, kaagad siya nitong binati, "Hi, Precious!"

"Hi!" bati niya pabalik nang makarating sa counter.

"Hi, Precious!" masayang bati naman ng mga kasamahan nila. Binati niya rin ito pabalik.

She throws her small bag at the top of the counter and sat down from one of its fine wood stools beside Kharla. She immediately dropped her head on the counter and closed her eyes.

She's tired. She's tired of finding that one peso. She's tired of doing the balance sheet. Sa lahat din ng subjects, 'yon pa ang pang-last nilang subject tuwing hapon. At the last minute, it was given an assignment, but she also managed to find her error because of her certain seatmate who told her errors, which she managed to pass on time and got additional points.