07 | gaze

07 | GAZE

07 | GAZE

THE RAIN WAS FALLING madly that morning when she woke up.

This is her favourite weather, but not this time of the year where she has classes as rain is just an inconvenience for a student like her.

She sighed by the sight.

Malakas ang ulan at mukhang walang planong tumigil. Dinig niya ang bawat pagpatak sa kanilang bubong at kita niya kung paano ito maghimagsik sa lupa. Even though she was inside her room and she was still lying on her bed, she could see how the rain fell madly on the earth, even though droplets of rainwater were sticking on her glass window. She could see how the water reflected on the greeneries and it shined despite the darkness of the world.

She looked at the clock beside her and found out it was almost their first period. Nasarapan siya sa pagtulog dahil malamig, 'yon pala, umuulan at nagising na late na late nang papasok sa klase kapag nagkataon.

However, it feels impossible to go to school because of how dark the sky was, taking over the happiness of yesterday's weather condition.

Sa lahat ng panahon na gusto niya ay ang ulan, pero hindi niya gusto ang ganito. She would rather like the summer with stormy rainy days rather than this season.

Napaupo muna siya sa kama niya at binuksan ang messaging app niya. Her classmates were all chatting if they are going to their first period and second period. Napagtanto niyang malakas din ang ulan sa city dahil nagcha-chat din mga kaklase niya na taga-city.

Kahit ayaw niyang pumasok, kailangan niya pa ring pumasok sa school dahil baka kung ano na ang nangyayari doon at wala siyang alam pagkatapos. She found it hard for herself to rely on someone like how she relied on her father for the rest of her life, but left them at the end.

She heaved a sigh and shook her head. She should not think about it early this morning.

She was about to turn off her phone to charge when she found a message she sent on Chase last night.

It was never seen, but it was already delivered. She was planning on removing it, but she was grateful and she thinks she has the responsibility of saying it on him. Her shoulders dropped as she sighed and stared at the floor with empty eyes, but her head was flooded by different questions about Chase.

Marami siguro ang nagse-send ng mga chat sa lalaki kaya hindi na siya aasang makita pa iyon ni Chase. But if Chase will see her chat, what will be his reaction? Napasimangot naman siya. The thought of Chase not being interested just made her day gloomy. Ano pa bang maaasahan niya?

She went to cooked her breakfast, eggs and pancakes, and after eating them, she went to take a bath. The cold water kissing her skin embraced her body. She shivered so she quickened her pace and ran towards her room after. Hindi niya kinaya ang lamig pero kailangan niya pa ring maligo. Then, she wore her uniform, a maroon skirt, white corset blouse, and maroon necktie with embroidered letters of her strand. She looked at herself in the mirror and found herself . . . just fine, nothing to be expected on her normal appearance.