04 | encounter

04 | ENCOUNTER

04 | ENCOUNTER

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Hindi niya mapigilang hawakan ang dibdib niya at damhin ang bilis ng tibok ng puso niya. Animo'y aatakehin siya sa bilis nito kaya hindi niya mapigilang mapabuga ng malalim na hininga ng paulit hanggang sa kumalma na ang tibok ng puso niya.

It was Chase. It was not expected, but it feels like she just unexpectedly saw him here. This encounter must have meant something.

The man looked at her with his eyes open wide, while she was frozen in her place and did not know what to do.

Hindi niya alam kung sino ang mas gulat sa kanilang dalawa. Siya ba o ang lalaki. Ang alam niya, ang bilis nang tibok ng puso niya at hindi niya alam kung ano ang gagawin niya sa kinatatayuan niya.

Chase, on the other hand, with his eyes wide open, looked at the cup of tteokbokki and looked at her again. She saw how the man's ears reddened. 

"Is this yours?" He was stuttering as if offering his whole life.

Umiling naman siya at sumagot, "I put it back because the price was expensive." At napayuko siya. Humina ang kaniyang boses pero pakiramdam niya ay narinig siya ng lalaki.

Hindi naman makasagot ang lalaki sa kaniya. Her eyes look at his feet. She saw how big it was compared to her feet. She was small. She was just five feet and two inches tall. 

She almost slapped herself when she realised that she was thinking randomly and she had to face circumstances.

"Do you still want it? I can buy it for you," the guy said.

She looked up and looked at the rackers where the cups are all the same and she could not see another cup of the same tteokbokki they both picked up.

Napatingin siya kay Chase at malalim ang tingin nito sa kaniya.

What could she expect from the guy who stares everyone coldly? Chase could be misunderstood, but the fact his cold eyes were contradictory of what he has just said is something more that she wants to know more about him.

I still need it, she thought, but she just smiled a little and politely shook her head.

"I'm fine . . . ?"

Dumikit ang kilay ng mga lalaki. Probably, the man was confused by the way she answered because it sounded like a question at the end of her sentence.

She smiled fakely and turned her back, leaving the guy behind speechless. 

Pumunta na lamang siya sa mga refrigerators at pumili ng bibilhing yoghourt drink. She came across what Kharla had bought and gave earlier and got one of it. She really likes the taste of it even though it got a weird one though it still tasted like strawberries. She also got Kharla's favourite drink, a soda.