11 | smoke

11 | SMOKE

11 | SMOKE

"ISIGAW MO sa hangin, tumindig at magsilbing liwanag, liwanag sa dilim . . . "

Laughter and noise filled the night surrounding her Tita's café. The band who was at the top of the stage was having their own time. The bassists were strumming their electric guitars wildly with their long fingers, the vocalist was dancing and singing endlessly with wet hair and a voice like a rockstar of the 80s, the pianist was hitting the piano keys with madness was banging his head furiously, and the drummer was kicking the drums like a lunatic were all stealing the spotlight as they gather the attention of the crowds. The viewers also seemed to be flirting with the wildness and the joy of the band upstage.

They gather and steal the attention of the people and make them unconsciously join the wildness of the whole place. There was something with them that sent shivers down her spine. The voice of the band was not only one, but they were singing together with the main vocalist. This makes them distinctive to other bands who played for the past weeks as they were all having fun on the stage as if they owned them.

"Harapin mong magiting ang bagong awitin, ikaw ang liwanag sa dilim . . . " And the main vocalist who was rocking the music made a sound 'aw' that the crowd hype more.

Nawala ang antok niya dahil sa bagong banda na umakyat sa stage kanina. They were not invited, rather they asked permission from her Tita and asked if they could play just one. Her Tita agreed and here they are. Isang kanta lang naman ang gusto nila sana kaso nakapangalawang kanta na ang banda.

The song ended, and she clapped together with the crowd, who were roaring and asking for another song. The main vocalist laughed. It was sultry, making girls from the crowds scream. She could not help but smile too because she likes the tone and the vibration of his laugh. It sent an electrifying touch on her skin, affecting her eternity.

"Shh . . . "

Sinubukan ng isang miyembro ng banda patahimikin ang mga tao pero mas lalo lamang nagsigawan. Hindi niya mapigilang matawa dahil nakatayo lang siya sa gilid at naghihintay ng kung sinuman ang o-order sa mga customers. Yet, the band was entertaining the customers tonight, keeping them engrossed including her.

Nilayo nito ang sarili sa microphone at nakipagtawanan sa mga kabanda. One of the guitarists went to the microphone. He smiled while looking at the crowds. Lahat natahimik at nang tumahimik ang lahat, nagsalita ito.

"Good evening everyone!"

Lahat nagsigawan nang magsalita ito. She could see the crowds especially, girls at her age started to get wild. She has seen these kinds of reactions already through the other bands and singers like Craig, but the band tonight was different. Probably because they were composed of five members, four men and one woman, yet they were all beautiful and they stood out. They were even having fun with the audience.