09 | friends

09 | FRIENDS

09 | FRIENDS

HER HEART WAS weak to the presence he emits, with his alluring demeanour that he offers. She knew she had to guard her heart, but Chase already captured her and she had to be careful.

In the middle of their living room, she was sitting in front of him. They were eating their breakfast together. Yet, she was eyeing him unconsciously because of his ambience that captivates her while he was eating. Like the last time he previously visited their house, he was eating full with such grace.

Ang gwapo, she thought while staring at him thoroughly, examining his face. From his eyebrows that look calm, away to the ruthlessness and madness she usually see, to the high bridge of his nose, to his lips that are thin, and to his cheeks that puff when he smiles, uplifting the spirit and soul of their home.

He was like a red colour, but deeper and bolder, and screaming for a blazing fire of coldness, but calming and refreshing. She knew to herself that she had seen this colour to her father way back then, but his colour was alluring and sent her different signals. It was very different, something undistinguishable to her father's colour. She knew she had to guard her heart because it was already weak when he came into her life.

It has been awhile since their home became spirited and welcoming, and this was due to his presence, pouring red into their world full of blues.

"Precious, anak, matutunaw 'yong tao."

Being here was a total privilege that she could stare at him for so long. His presence was already intense with different people surrounding them, but it feels different now. Instead that it screams for intensity and superiority, it screams for tenderness and longing.

It feels like she was seeing a different face. Plus, ang gwapo pa nito . . . para sa kaniya, kumain.

"Precious, anak! Nakakahiya ka. Mukhang matutunaw na ang tao sa 'yo."

When she was around with Chase, surrounded by the sea of people, he was being tough and cold, and sometimes he looked mean. Yet, somehow early this morning and last Sunday, when he went to visit their home after she got sick, she was seeing thousands of faces residing within him.

She read it in his eyes.

"Susmaryosep! Wala na. Naka-glue na 'yong mata niya."

For her, his eyes were his biggest assets that changes when the two of them looked together. A privilege that was only given for her to see how Chase had thousands of faces within him. Gwapo na siya sa mukha nitong malamig kung makatitig, pero ang panoorin itong ngumiti sa kaniya ngayon ay mas lalo lamang itong gumwapo sa harapan niya.

It was as if he was home and he found himself. That is what she sees in him. He was having fun and he was having his time here like he has been living with them.

"Anak!" sigaw ng ina niya na bumulabog sa kaniya.

Napatayo kaagad siya sa upuan niya at napabaling nang tingin sa ina. "Ma! Anong nangyari? Anong meron?"