02 | centro

02 | CENTRO

02 | CENTRO

PRECIOUS WAS WELCOME by the arrival of the heat and sweat tearing from her forehead when all she felt was the cold air embracing her bare skin when she went outside the café together with Kharla and Cynthia. She was held tightly by the two even though she was agitated to go back inside the café.

She tasted something salty running towards her lips coming from her eyes. Her eyes were squinting from the different colours of light. The crowd were wild and free, as if they owned the world. Some of them were dancing wildly along with the dancing lights. Her mind was in sync, too, almost did not understand what was happening.

The voice from the singer back then was all gone and was replaced by a wild one too. Probably, the new singer is the culprit. Yet, the first one was enticing. It was someone you wanted to hear all day. It was someone that can make you feel thirsty to hear his voice anew. While, the police outside the area of the café were all laughing while talking with the people they know.

"Sinong sawa, sinong galit? Sumigaw, ngayong gabi! Hallelu, hallelujah . . . " the crowds sang together with the singer.

She sighed.

Sa loob ng dalawang taon niya rito, nasanay na siyang ganito ang café ng Tita niya. Small, but loud and colorful, crowded and famous from tourists, either foreigners or locals.

"Ituro mo sa amin 'yong sinasabi mong lalaki, bilis!" Cynthia said excitedly while looking at the crowds, still holding her firmly.

"Ayoko. Bakit ko naman ituturo sa inyo, e hindi naman siya mahalaga?" sagot niya pero labag sa kalooban niya.

The man who helped her from two years ago, probably has significance in her life because she would forget someone from that long time, yet she remembers him. It was amusing.

"Weee?" Hindi naman makapaniwala sa kaniya ang dalawa.

"Ituro mo na sa amin. Hindi ako naniniwala na hindi siya mahalaga sa 'yo," sabi ni Kharla.

While she was acting almost uninterested in the events happening in her surroundings, her eyes were wandering, looking for someone. It even landed on the table where he met the man together with Clark. The man was nowhere to be found. He wasn't even on their table, yet he saw Clark and the other guy drinking each of the beers they ordered together with a familiar guy. The familiar guy was the one who sang earlier. They were talking and having fun with each other, drinking beers endlessly.

Naramdaman niya naman ang paghigpit ng hawak ni Kharla sa isang kamay niya at hindi mapigilang tingnan ito. Kharla was smiling like an idiot while looking at her.

"Sino sa tatlo, Precious?"

Hindi niya mapigilang manlaki ang mga mata.

"Wait, is that Clark?"

Narinig niyang saad ni Cynthia kaya napatingin siya rito. Gulat at hindi makapaniwala. Napangiti naman si Cynthia at dumikit sa kaniya. Nilapit naman nito ang mukha sa kaniya at napangisi.