06 | cake

06 | CAKE

06 | CAKE

IN THEIR HOME filled with serene blue hues, Chase was sitting on their sofa, sipping a hot coffee on her favourite blue mug. He was wearing a maroon plain shirt with a check on the left side and he stood out.

Sipping on her favourite mug, she did not see anything wrong about it, in fact she felt so happy that he was using it that it feels like she won a lottery.

Staring at him thoroughly, she came up with a thought that he resembled a perfectly sculpted statue in a museum, possessing an ability to steal gazes from others. He was an artist's masterpiece, captivating the hearts of his observers, harmonising to the depth of the colours.

Napapikit naman siya ng mga mata at tahimik na napadasal.

Kung sino man po ang mama at papa ni Chase, thank you po dahil pinanganak niyo. Thank you din, Lord dahil hinubog mo ang mukha ni Chase na maging ganito kagwapo. Ako po ay nae-enjoy sa kaniya ngayon. Amen!

Napamulat na siya at napa-sign of the cross.

Napabaling ulit siya nang tingin sa lalaki at nakitang nakatingin na ito sa kaniya na puno ng pagtataka ang mga mata.

Bigla siyang namula sa katangahang ginawa niya.

Sinubukan niyang buksan ang bibig para magsalita sana pero inunahan siya ng lalaki.

"Good morning!" he greeted with a smile on his face. 

His gaze filled with adoration and wonder was lingering in her presence as if enjoying every detail of her like a view she saw every morning. His eyes were her reflection on how she looked at the greenery every ughten.

She blushed. His gazes were giving her uneasiness and questions on her existence.

Naestatwa siya sa kinatatayuan at hindi niya alam kung anong isasagot pero sa huli ay binati niya rin ito pabalik.

"Good morning!"

Pero nauutal siya.

Chase smiled and it melted her heart. His smile was so perfect that he was the brightest in their home.

Bigla niyang nilagay ang kanang kamay sa kaniyang dibdib at ramdam niya kung gaano kabilis ang tibok ng puso niya. His smile was everything and it melts the barrier she builds for people she doesn't know.

Pero bigla naman niyang nakapa ang sariling dibdib at biglang nanlaki ang mga mata at napaawang ang mga labi.

Tangina! Wala akong bra!

She immediately ran towards her room, covering herself.

Nakakahiya!

SHE ATE HER breakfast with the feeling of embarrassment that morning after she fixed herself. The redness of her face is recognizable that her mother asked about earlier, but she did not answer and her mother assumed that she was still sick.