05 | race

05 | RACE

05 | RACE

BAGSAK ANG MUKHA niya sa lamesa ng convenience store na pansamantalang pinuntahan nila.

She was having rainy thoughts inside her head but one of those thoughts was about him. She could not help herself, but felt weakened by the thought that she could not stand a chance for someone she likes.

She admitted it. She has a crush on him. She did not know when it started. However, it probably started when all she thought was him and the feelings that awakened residing in her soul when she saw him all the time.

Crush lang naman 'to, pero parang nasasaktan siya na may ibang crush ang crush niya, at ang crush niya naman ay gustong-gusto pa rin ang crush nito.

Napapasimangot siya sa naiisip.

"O, shot ka muna, Precious," sabi ni Cynthia nang maramdaman niya namang may malamig na bagay na dumampi sa pisngi niya.

She went to look at Cynthia's direction and she was holding her new favorite drink, a strawberry milk flavored one that Kharla had introduced her earlier.

Napaayos naman siya nang pagkaupo at tinanggap ang binagay na inumin ng kaibigan.

She immediately went to drink it to distract herself from thinking of anything. It was sweet and tasty, he focused on the sound of the transportation vehicles, but it was a failure because she heard Kharla and Cynthia talking that caught her attention.

"Why would that guy still like that person if he knows he does not stand a chance? Like, he is so pathetic," Cynthia said with an attitude.

"Nandito naman si Precious," Kharla said with a teasing voice and felt her look at her.

Napatingin naman siya kay Kharla at binigyan ito ng masamang tingin. Tumawa naman ito sa kaniya.

"I don't want to like someone who I could not stand a chance with," she said and sipped on her yoghurt drink.

"Malay mo, mas may pag-asa ka kung aamin ka ng totoong feelings mo," Kharla said.

Napa-tsk siya. Even though she wants to hope, it is probably a bad thing. Baka matulad siya sa ibang tao, o baka matulad pa sa mga nangyayari sa buong pamilya niya.

Hoping about something could give you expectations, and those expectations will be your downfall. Ayaw niya ng mga ganoon at ayaw niya ring maulit sa kaniya ang nangyari sa pamilya. She would rather just have a crush rather than deeper feelings. Feelings that are deeper than the bodies of water could hurt her.

She would rather just be happy for herself and for her crush, but it feels heavy. Kanina pa siya hindi masaya sa mga nangyayari and it gives her unexplainable feelings and thoughts. She was overwhelmed.

"'Kala ko ba happy crush lang tayo rito?" Cynthia asked teasingly on her.

While sipping her favorite drink, she throws her daggers in her eyes. Tumawa naman si Cynthia kasama si Kharla. Pakiramdam niya inaasar na naman siya ng dalawa. She knows her very well, that's why even though she won't tell anyone about her feelings, they already knew it. Para sa kanila, mabilis siyang basahin ngunit para naman sa iba, kung hindi niya close, ang hirap niyang basahin.