Part 6

Tyrone Argyros POV

I was about to attend a meeting in my headquarters, one I had to attend myself. This was one of the few occasions I went to the company office.

Ever since my princess was born, I preferred to work from my home office unless there's a meeting or an emergency. That way I had time for my family, time to see Zelda more often since she also appointed her friend Sophie as her stand-in CEO after Eyton's birth in order to have more time with the kids.

The meeting was about to start when my phone rung in my pocket, I took it out to disconnect the call only to pick it up instantly.

"Zelda? Zelda what happened?" I asked panicking, it had been over a year since the last time she initiated a conversation or picked up my calls, much less calling me.

"Zelda, talk to me please" I urged.

Then I heard a sob, and I panicked even more. "T- the boys.. They.. I'm sorry..." She was a sobbing mess, I couldn't even understand a word of what she was saying.

"Is Claus next to you?" I asked.

"Y- yes" she replied.

"Give him the phone." I said.

"Hello, sir" Claus' voice came.

"What the hell happened that got her acting like that? What's wrong with Egan and Eyton?" I questioned.

"We are in the hospital, the kids got in an accident, they are in a critical condition" he answered.

The phone slipped through my hands. My whole world crumbled down, darkness is all I saw, that's the colour of its ruins. I bolted from my chair shouting 'meeting adjourned'.

After what felt like decades I finally arrived at the hospital. I quickly parked, unbuckled, and sprinted to the door.

"Excuse me!" I said to the receptionist.

"Yes, how can I help you?" The old lady asked kindly.

"I'm looking for Egan and Eyton Argyros" I said.

"Yes, they are in the operation room on the fifth floor" she said after searching for awhile.

I took the elevator. The whole elevator ride to the fifth floor felt like a torture, a living hell. All I thought about was how bad was their condition to make Zelda unable to form a coherent sentence? Will I be able to handle seeing her crying?

When the elevator stopped to my destination, I froze. I saw Zelda sitting on the floor next to the seats with her back leaning against the wall, knees up, and holding her head in her hands.

She had blood on her white shirt, and her hands. Claus was standing on the other side of the wall looking at her in a somewhat sad expression.

"Zelda!" I called when I approached her.

She didn't respond, only Claus acknowledged me. "Sir" he nodded in my direction.

"How did this happen?" I asked him still looking at Zelda.

"We don't know, sir. We were at the other side of the road waiting for the kids' bodyguards to bring them when all of a sudden Zelda screamed Egan's name, and started running towards them. When I looked up I saw Egan holding his brother's hand, and crossing the road alone with a black tinted car coming in full speed towards them. By the time Zelda reached them it was a bit late. The car already hit them." He finished.