08 | Why?

(1 months later on... Before the real basketball season starts)

"Hi, mom and dad!" I greet them and grab a bottle of water.

"Hi sweetie," mom greets. "Slept well?" My dad asks.

"Yes very much thank you. Uhmm I'm off for a run."

"It's vacation darling. You should rest," my dad almost orders.

"No, I should practice for next term's basketball," I argue.

"Okay, just don't over do yourself like last time," my mom says.

"No, I won't. See you later. Bye! Love you!" I should while I'm walking out the door.

"Bye! Love you too!" They both shout.

The vacation before the last term I practiced like heavy hard. No jokes. I was so determined to get into the A-team, I almost practiced 24/7 . After about 3 weeks of practicing nonstop, I injured my knee, so I was out for a week and after that week I practiced even harder, because I had 2 weeks left of vacation to get fit. The one day I fainted. I thought it was just this one time, but after that I fainted 4 more times. We went to the docter. He said that I over exercised. Now my parents are very protective, because the doctor said something about causing heart problems.

After I exited the door, I plug my earphones in and start my playlist. There is about 15 songs on, I jog until every song is played. This adds to about one and a half our of jogging.

I start jogging down the street, my favorite song playing.

After about 14 songs, I'm two blocks away from my house. I stop to take a breath. Sweat dripping from my face onto my clothes. My neck is wet. I challenge myself, I should run in this remaining 3 minutes to my house.

I notice a black car at the other side of the street. Two men sitting in it with sunglasses. I start the song and start jogging. The car also starts and drives slowly. I start running faster and faster. I'm trying to get away from there and to complete my own challenge. They start driving faster. I run and run!

Twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen, sixteen, fifteen. The time is ticking. I'm two hundred meters from my house, the car still following me. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five...

I reach the house and I run in. I watch the car, it parks on the other side of the rode. They climb out and greet the people very friendly, they are welcomed into their house and then they are walking in and I can't see them anymore. Maybe I was overreacting. Yes! I was overreacting!

If made it, before the last song ended!! Yippee!!!

My mother and father is in the living room and my brother in his room. I walk to the kitchen and grab another bottle of water and I down it.

After awhile I go lay down on my bed and take a quick nap.

***

I wake up from a huge bang, I sit up straight and look at the time on my phone, that's laying next to me.
It's 1:00 am. What the hell?

"Chloe! Go out of the house!" Someone screams.
"Get out! Ben! Wake up!"

I jump out of my bed. It feels so warm! I run! I wake my brother up and he runs out to my parents. He makes sure their out of the house. I grab my Bible, phone and my school bag with all my books and run out. I see my brother do the same. My mother and father is already out of the house. Both of the on the phone calling the fire department.

My brother and I are standing outside with them, just staring at our burning house in front of us. I put my bags and everything down. I can't believe this is happening to us. We are going to lose everything we own or shall I say owned.

After ten minutes the fire department and the police are in front of our house.

The next thing I knew, there is lots of people and the neighbors outside of their houses and watching ours burn.

I'm so ashamed. The tears are not far from rolling down my cheeks. It hasn't sunk in, that our house is burning. The red and orange flames are twice as big as the house now.

I stand there alone, my parents and my brother is standing with three other people and talk. I saw the guy before, he is from the OTHER school, who's name we don't mention. But it doesn't bother me.

After about two hours, the fire finally stopped. It is now 3:10 am.

"What are we going to do now?" I ask.

"We are going to sleep at one of my old friend's house, for the time being."

I just nod and climb in the car that my dad brought and parked in front of us. We drive for about 30 minutes, when the car comes to a hold in front of a giant house.

We all climb out of the car. Next moment we are greeted by a friendly woman and man.

"Hi everyone! Welcome!" The man greets.

"Hi! Welcome! Come in! Make yourselves at home!" The woman says.

"Hi mr and mrs?" My brother asks.

"Please, call me John and this is my wife, Jenna," the man friendly says.

"Thank you very much for welcoming us into your house," my dad says.

"All my pleasure. Follow me please," he gestures with his hand.

He turns around and walks toward the door. We follow him, my father and mother in front, my brother just behind them and I'm behind my brother.

We walk into the giant house. Or shall I say castle! It is huge and modern and fancy. It's like my dream house.

We all take a seat in the living room, on the comfiest sofas EVER invented. I look around me. This is too good to be true, except for the fact that our house burned down. Everything happens for a reason.

...

So I didn't expect that!! I loved the idea!! Well actually I read it in another AMAZING BOOK EVER written!! Mr Popular and I Written by thefreakoffreaks

Written by thefreakoffreaks

Please comment, VOTE and remember to follow. And spread the word about my book!!

Love ya all!! Enjoy ♥️♥️

xoxo