The encounter

The stop was put to the gloomy reality of the so-called real world by a sudden burst in the air. It was the most unusual burst, ripping the boundaries time and space. The magic of imagination started pouring out, into the classroom, through the enormous blackboard which three seconds ago was as boring as everything else in this reality. 

The flow of imagination was the most fascinating one; it was like a huge river of rainbow bringing back a long-lost smile to all the tired faces in the cramped university classroom.

Together with that fascinating rainbow, there came all the mythological and imaginary creatures of the other world. It was the world which you can catch a glimpse of when you are a child, but you lose sight of it by growing up. 

Blinding brightness filled the classroom, and you could hear all kinds of creatures singing cheerfully, cute fairies, playful gargoyles, a few sweet baby phoenixes and so on. Some of them were flying around, dancing through the air; and some, such as gargoyles, were making faces and playing with the students. 

The fairies were so gracious in their dancing that everyone was fascinated by them and the trail of dust they left behind. The phoenixes seemed a bit confused, but they were so adorable that some female students tried to pet them. 

These were all the smaller creatures of the sea of our imagination, but a few moments later my fascination was redirected to something even more mesmerizing.

First, the light which emanated from the tear blinded me for a moment, as it was the brightest thing I had ever seen. When my eyes got used to the unexpected pureness of light, I saw what many children dream of seeing and hope it is real, the most beautiful unicorn. 

The unicorn was running through a beautiful green valley, his mane ruffled by the wind, blowing gently over the peaceful scenery. His whole body was blindingly white, but his horn was a whole different story. It was some kind of mixture of colors I had never seen before. 

Golden dust was falling from it in a gentle shower when he moved his head, to be able to have a better look at our strange, bleak world. I know how it must've looked to him, to the creature of light. 

It was probably like seeing the darkest place of them all, where a simple smile was such a rare occurrence that it was almost impossible to find it in its purest form. Nevertheless, he was happy to see that the magic of his own realm was able to bring some of its pure happiness to our world, lost in sadness and evil.

When our eyes met, I felt the wave of calmness come over me, telling me everything would be okay. Telling me that no problem was big enough to take away my happiness. I could see in his eyes something that I saw for the first time, pure love for all the fellow creatures. 

Not thinking a lot about it, I started approaching the blackboard which turned into a portal. I stepped slowly through it and went in the direction of the most amazing golden tree under which the gorgeous unicorn had stopped. 

When I was a few steps away, I reached out my hand, and he approached me allowing me to stroke the his beautiful mane. It was as soft as silk and I felt its tender texture tickle my skin. It was so smooth and soft that I stood there speechless stroking the magical creature. 

With every stroke of my hand, I felt happier and freer from the restrictions of real life. I managed to run away from the reins imposed to me from the moment of my birth till that precise second.

The air on the green meadow was soft and in a way cheerful with all the life buzzing around it. The light coming from the sky was so much brighter and more beautiful than in our world. 

I didn't know how it was possible as it looked the same as our own sun. I guess it was brighter because of the pureness of the place itself. Everything was purer and maybe that made it look brighter. The slow stream was running, next to the golden tree and my new friend, singing a song unknown to mortal ears.