Adjustment

It is difficult for me, as a human, to accept Peace's words since I have spent so much of my life planning for the future. 

Finish school, finish university, get a job, those are all normal steps in the development of every human. 

We have never lived in the moment but always planned for a better and brighter future and in the process, we lost so many precious moments. 

I know I have to accept the change, but it is a much bigger challenge than I expected. 

At least I have Flyjoy there with me to help me better understand and accept what is happening. 

I also have new friends both magical and human alike. 

Dan, Sam, Pete and their magicals spend a lot of time helping us out. 

We are all helping the magicals adjust to Earth and also helping humans adjust to the new reality. 

Honestly, it is kind of fun watching them discover their power to change the world. 

Sam and Luminos with their strength and great organizational skills, Dan and his dear Gary by making everyone laugh, and feel like everything could still be okay, even Pete helps out with the magicals that are much more comfortable around the baby than they are around the adults.

I guess the magicals find human babies pure and innocent, unable to cause them harm. 

Fairies seem to be especially smitten by Pete, and they love playing with him. 

When I first met Pete, he seemed like a very serious baby. 

He reminded me of an adult who carried the burden of the whole world on his back, but now he seems much happier, relaxed. 

Sometimes I feel as if he knows more about the world and life than all of us combined. 

Anyways, it is a true pleasure to watch him playing with the fairies, especially because they sometimes play magical games where they all fly above the bed. 

The first time I saw their game I was shocked, but Flyjoy explained that the fairies had very strong fairy dust, and they used it on him. 

It was perfectly safe. 

Sam got very worried when she saw their game for the first time. 

Dan just exclaimed excitedly: "Son, you are flying! So cool!" and he and Gary high-fived each other. 

"Men!" Sam and I exclaimed in unison. 

Once we realized it was safe, Sam gave them permission to play as much as they wanted. 

Sam is in charge, she is our leader. 

She is much better in dealing with practical situations than any of us are plus she can intimidate any unruly humans by joining with her phoenix.

Even her own powers started developing.

Flyjoy and I are content in our advisory role since we are more familiar with the magical part of things, but it is nice to finally step out of the spotlight. 

For such a long time the fate of the world rested on my shoulders, it is nice to see someone else dealing with it. 

For some reason, the biggest problem she had to deal with was the lack of electricity. 

Humans have problems adjusting, and we have to help out, to teach them the magic way and sometimes it is exhausting. 

Nevertheless, Sam manages to keep us in line and motivate us, even Dan and Gary who aren't very fond of some boring jobs they have to do. 

I eagerly await the day when I would be able to see the next step being taken although I have passed on the torch. 

I am annoyed that the harmony we fought for keeps eluding us. 

So I am willing the prophecy to come true although I have no idea what it means. 

Two long years I have waited, but the day of change wasn't what I expected. 

Seven years of my life I have spent searching for the perfect life and when the day of change finally came it took me by surprise. 

That wasn't how I understood the prediction.