Council meeting

Flyjoy and I, finally figured out how the dark force is poisoning the hearts of humans. It is doing so through the use of technology. It is controlling us without us even realizing it. 

All we need to do is look around and see that technology is everywhere, and humans are its slaves. We started to value technology more than we value each other. We choose to stay in and watch a movie instead of going out and enjoying the company of our family and friends. 

I see people sitting together and just playing with their phones, not talking with each other. They aren't even registering that the other person is there. 

I use technology a bit less than regular people, but still, I can understand the appeal. You feel as if you are in control but you are not, the technology is the one with all the control. 

Can you live without your smartphone? No? Well, that is the problem. 

We rely on technology so much that we forget how to rely on our feelings, on our instincts. For me to be able to finish my mission, and for humans and magicals to be able to join once more, in peace and harmony, we need to stop technology from controlling us.

One night, as I was walking through the magical meadow in my dream, I brought up the issue to my unicorn friend, Peace. 

"I knew you would be able to figure it out," he said proudly as a rainbow of light reflected from his magnificent horn. 

"You are part of this world, because of your pure heart. But you are also part of that world since you were born there. That is why you can do what we failed to do for centuries. Now we should call the Council of Magicals and decide what should be done. Although you have done an amazing job in spreading love and hope, I realize that it is not enough. You opened the door for us. Now, it is our turn to contribute to the salvation of both humans and our souls that have been suffering for centuries," he added.

He promised to inform me of their decision and to allow me to help as much as I can. With that said, I woke up in the gloomy world of struggle and pain, my world. I wished so much that my world could be more like Solactia. 

In Solactia, there are peace and harmony and so many astonishing magical creatures. I am always saddened by the fact that when I visited Solactia, I wasn't able to appreciate everything fully. 

Visiting it in my dreams is awesome, so much more realistic than the regular dreams. Still, it is not the same as being there. 

I can't wait for the day our worlds reunite! I will be able to play with the baby phoenixes and learn more about them. I will be able to watch the fairy dances and to enjoy the amazing fragrance of Solactia's air, instead of this smog they call air in my city.

As hard as I try, I can't remember the feeling of freedom I felt in Solactia, and the only thing that keeps me going is Flyjoy. Flyjoy, ever the optimist, keeps telling me how he has a feeling that we would be together soon. He keeps cheering me on and trying to transfer all the positive emotions from his soul to mine. That helps but it doesn't last as long as I wish. 

When I am standing in the line at the bank, or doing some menial and senseless chore, imposed to us by our tainted society, it is difficult to stay positive. That is when Flyjoy comes up with the craziest games that actually help me feel better, more positive. For example, my favorite game is the visualization game he came up with. 

Basically, whenever I am stuck in a line at the bank or something equally boring, I am supposed to imagine doing whatever I want. That includes jumping, doing cartwheels while singing and dancing around. It actually helps me relax and feel like myself again.  

But I digress. A few days after the council meeting, Peace told me that the decision had been made. They were about to fry all the technology in the world. After that, I, with the help of others, should facilitate the reunion of the two worlds. 

Hopefully, once the technology is completely destroyed, humans will be free of the evil influence and would be able to once again connect with their magical friends. 

Honestly, I am not thrilled with the plan. How am I supposed to watch my favorite TV shows without technology? 

Then it hit me. 

We use technology to distract ourselves from the dissatisfaction with our own lives. If magic comes back to this world, we won't need any distractions. We will be truly happy. 

Still, I don't actually understand how they plan to destroy technology, all the technology in the world, it's not an easy task to undertake. I asked Flyjoy to explain their plan to me and the explanation surprised me because I was expecting something completely different.