The fiery reconnection

Finally, we arrive in front of a tall building which has a few trees in front of it. To me, it looks quite normal since it is similar to so many other buildings I have seen. But the Phoenix seems to be disturbed by the sight.

 Flyjoy has to explain to me the phoenix's sentiments. He is sad because they can both feel the suffering of the trees. 

"They are stuck. Their roots are trapped by the concrete all around them. The branches are limited by the gray torture structure. What do you call them? Oh, yes, buildings," says Flyjoy. 

It takes me some time to understand their point of view, but I am finally able to see things through their eyes, and they are right. It seems as if the cities are built as torture devices for both humans and nature. 

I have to remind them that we will change all of that but that we have to have our priorities straight, we have to go step by step.

Flyjoy explains that the person we are looking for is actually in the building, but both Flyjoy and the phoenix refuse to step into the suffocating box that we all have entered so many times, even lived in them. 

Seeing how horrified they are of entering I decide to go in, and try to convince the person to go out. Flyjoy says it is a woman and where to find her. 

It is a very long climb without the elevators, and I am not even sure that she is home. Mostly, people just wander the streets, wondering what they should do. 

As I reach her apartment, I knock at the door. The door is opened by a tall, dark haired guy.

I have no idea what to say, even if the woman had opened the door, I have no story prepared. 

Luckily, the guy seems very friendly. He asks jokingly: "Human or non-human?" 

He seems much more relaxed than anyone I have seen since the downfall of technology. I guess that is part of his personality. He doesn't get perturbed by such minor things such as magical beings roaming the Earth. 

After I say I am human, he invites me in just like that, like I am just a new neighbor come to borrow some sugar. 

When I enter the apartment, I see that he is not alone. The woman I am looking for and another unexpected member of the household are there, a curious baby boy who seems quite serious for such a young baby. 

The guy of about twenty-nine years old is ready to chat, but the woman seems disturbed by my presence and his easy manner. 

"I would offer you some coffee, but we have no electricity," he says laughing at his own joke. 

Three pairs of serious and unamused eyes are trained on him. The woman with long dark hair who seems to be around twenty-five years old is very cautious around me, and asks: "If it is not too much to ask would you please tell me what you are doing in my apartment? My husband might be convinced that you are just another human to strike up a friendship with, but I am not so sure. So tell me who are you and what you want?"

I am surprised by her directness, as well as the differing characters, she and her husband have. 

Her reaction is much more comfortable for me because I can understand it, it is something I am more familiar with. So I try to explain what happened the best I can, but I am sure that my answers are not as clear as I hope. Still, I can see that something in her attitude changes after my explanation. 

"And here I was worried about losing my online job! " Her husband continues jocularly. It seems as if nothing can surprise or shock him. 

"I have this strange feeling that if I go outside I will find a part of me that I have been missing, so I do believe your story. I am just not sure how to deal with the truth. By the way, I am Sam and this is my husband Dan and this serious little guy here is Pete," Sam says.

I introduce myself and explain to Sam that I have already connected with my magical and that she has nothing to worry about. Still, she doesn't seem convinced, but they decide to follow me downstairs, and for Sam to reconnect with her magical. 

Descending the stairs with them I have this strange feeling that I am in the presence of greatness. It feels as if I am in the presence of a person who will save the world. It is just a gut feeling, and I am not sure what to make of it, so I just put it away in the far corner of my mind, so that I can focus on the task at hand.

When Sam and the phoenix see each other for the first time, there is this immediate spark, literally. There are sparks flying everywhere, so the rest of us move away letting them reconnect.

Suddenly there is fire all around them, and for the first time Dan seems worried and starts towards them, but we stop him. Well, it is mostly the fact that his wife isn't in any pain that stops him. She seems happy. 

At one point, when they finally reconnect all we can see is the girl surrounded by the Phoenix-shaped flame and it is the most magnificent thing I have ever seen. 

They become one and it is a sight to behold. 

The EncounterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara