The Angry Humans

Humans! Oh, how I despise them at times even though I know I am one of them. They manage to make their own weapons in the land of peace, and that shows me that they are so consumed by the darkness of their own hearts that they are unable to see the light they were preparing to snuff out. 

We approach the beautiful flower field where the angry humans have gathered, and I can't help but feel disgusted by them. They destroyed most of the beautiful flowers in that field not even thinking about it, not considering that everything had its own spark of life especially in a land of magic. 

Their clothes remind me of the knights from the olden times. Although it was always said that they fought against evil, the humans I see there are willing to fight for their own well-being, or what they think is their well-being, the technology. 

Instead of accepting the peace and joy of the magical world offered to them, they crave for the technology, they crave for the addictive TV shows and movies. The worst thing is, they crave for all those things simply because it gave them the opportunity to laugh at someone else's misery. 

It gave them a chance to enjoy someone else's pain without feeling guilty, without their conscience doing its job. The TV shows weren't real, were they? 

That is the thing they didn't understand, although the TV shows weren't real they actually did describe the pains and struggles of real people. Watching them never made anyone feel better. It might have given them respite from dealing with their own lives, but it never gave anyone true happiness. I am astonished that they can't see that clear truth. Maybe that is because they don't want to think, they just want to act.

As I size up our opponents, anger is obvious in their eyes and it is mixed in with despair. I realize that no matter how much Peace wants to avoid the battle his chances are slim. Being who he is he still decides to try.

"Brothers and sisters!" He begins and is quickly interrupted by the disgruntled noise coming from the humans. 

"We are not your brothers and sisters! We are your enemies! You are the destroyers of our world and you don't deserve any mercy! We will kill all of you, even the human pets you bring with you!" They yell in fury. 

"There is no need for us to fight!" Peace continues as calmly as he can. 

"Just tell me what is it that you want, and we can come to some kind of peaceful understanding!" 

The human crowd doesn't react the way I expect them to, they don't calm down. At that moment I realize that they came to pick a fight and nothing that we say or do will change their minds. 

"We will not be your slaves! Maybe you have enslaved the rest of humanity, but we, the best there is of humanity say no! We would rather die than become your mere servants like those wretched humans!" they said pointing at me and my human friends. 

"What we want you to do is die! Every last one of you! Then once again the true power would be restored to us, the power of technology that has made our lives better and protected us for so many years." 

I am so shocked by what they say that I can't even properly comprehend that they think of us as slaves. The truth is quite the opposite, I have never felt freer and more myself than after the reunion.

They start advancing towards us after they finish their little hate speech. I can see that Sam is very happy that Pete is safe with Joy taking care of him far from the battlefield. She didn't expect the fight to actually happen but now that it is happening she could be nothing but grateful for Peace letting Pete, one of their most powerful magicians stay behind. 

I guess we all expected humans to see reason, and we are shocked to realize they are more lost than we have thought. There is no trace of reason in their eyes and most of us are saddened by the fact that we will have to fight other human beings, except for Dan and Gary, of course. 

They seem to see the situation from a different perspective, they see it not as a bloody battle that it is, but as a way to test their skills. For them, it is a chance to have fun and check their fighting ability against an opponent that is as eager for the fight as they are. 

For the first time, Flyjoy and I are unsure of what we feel. On the one hand, we are disgusted by the bloodshed that will come, but on the other, we are eager to fight for our better lives and brighter future. 

"Attack!!!! Kill them all! No mercy, like they had no mercy for us!" they scream as they start approaching us with their weapons drawn. Sam and Luminous unit into one fiery being and prepare to deflect the attack, but I can see they are not ready to kill, just incapacitate. 

Dan and Gary use their strength to turn their bodies into living stones (saving the beast form of Gary for a later surprise) and prepare for a good old fist fight (well the humans did have swords, but they still saw it as a fist fight). 

As for me and Flyjoy, we clasp our hands and make the energy flow through both of us. Together we are much stronger than we are alone. That is how the battle begins.