Aurora borealis

The plan actually makes sense to me. It isn't as magical as I assumed. It is more scientific. I guess that's just my old perception of the world entering my new mindset. As I previously figured out, science is actually a remnant of magic that we renamed and tried to reshape to suit our way of thinking. 

The plan is to open another portal but with a different purpose. They are planning to send a beam of pure light into the sun to increase the magnitude of the solar storm.

As I read about solar storms before, I was able to understand their general idea, and it sounded perfect. The regular solar storms were known to be able to disrupt electric power distribution in some parts of the world when they were at their strongest. A solar storm supercharged by magic could do the trick. 

Many scientists argued in the past that there is a slight possibility of a solar storm one day permanently damaging all the technology on the planet. So the idea is not unheard-of, but I do wonder how they will do it. I know that magic is powerful but I have never seen such potent magic before.

My knowledge of magic, the real magic, is so limited that it is embarrassing but Flyjoy is kind and patient enough to explain everything in layman terms. 

He told me that all the magicals would gather at the Lake of Light where some water beings live. The Lake of Light, as the name says, has in itself some of the most powerful white magic ever created and in addition to that, the lake will act as a mirror. 

All the non-water begins will point their magic towards its surface, and the water inhabitants will join their power with the lake. Then, the power of the magic exerted will be hugely magnified. In that way, with all of them giving all they've got, and the lake increasing their power, enough energy will be created to reach the sun and influence its solar storms.

I can understand the technicalities of the endeavor, but I still can't understand how they were so sure it will work. How they were so sure that they could reach the sun. It seems impossible to me. 

But of course as Flyjoy cheerfully points out they are, after all, magicals and there are those among them who can see the future. Although their powers were weak before, now they can see clearly that they can and will reach the sun. The thing they can't yet predict is if it would work or not, if the technology will be destroyed or not.

It's so difficult to understand how magic works, but I guess it's the same with science, and yet I rely on it every day without ever questioning it. I have made the decision to do the same for magic, to trust that it works even if I don't understand how. 

The interesting thing about it is that we will immediately know if it worked or not. When such a huge solar storm happens there is very obvious evidence, namely, there will be a huge, all reaching Aurora Borealis. It will be more breath-taking and magnificent than any Aurora ever seen. 

That will be the first sign that the magic is powerful enough to reach the sun. The next thing that should happen is technology crashing all over the world. Finally, that should leave humans free from the influence of evil and susceptible to the power of good, to white magic.

Tomorrow is the day when they will send magic into the sun and to be honest I am very nervous. What if they overestimated themselves? If they are not strong enough? 

There are so many things that can go wrong and I feel like this is our only chance to actually do it, to rid the world of evil. One part of my mind is doubtful and what is worse I worry about how we will survive without the technology. 

Is that me thinking or am I being controlled by the evil?