Surprise

It turns out there is no new trouble on Earth and it isn't actually an emergency. They made it sound like it was urgent to get me and Flyjoy there quickly. 

"We wanted to surprise you," Peace says when I start pestering him about making a false emergency call on our day off. 

"I was sure you wouldn't mind once I showed you what was happening. After all, you were the one worrying about it." He says. 

At first, I have no idea what he is talking about but then I remember a conversation we had a few years before and everything becomes clear. At the time, I was annoying him with what everyone saw as unnecessary requests at the time because there were a lot of bigger issues to be settled. 

What I suggested was demolishing all the buildings and breaking the asphalt, letting nature breathe once more. Although the magicals agreed with me they didn't have the time or energy to do it. So I did what I could. I freed the roots of some trees but it wasn't enough. I thought that the whole Earth needed a makeover. 

Even before the reunion, I had always felt the cities to be suffocating, cages in which we were forced to live. I would often say that I didn't understand the apartment buildings, they always seemed like boxes to me, boxes that trapped you and stopped you from breathing freely. I thought that there was surely a magical solution to that problem but no one thought it was a pressing matter, so they let it be.

Most people moved to the countryside and what was left were tall shells of what used to be buildings teaming with life. They were cold and dark, and honestly, to me, they were a bit ominous as well. As if we were just waiting for the darkness to come back, and we would take up residence in them once more, doing our duty. 

We followed a senseless duty of living someone else's life and following rules that long ago stopped making any sense. I wondered if I misunderstood Peace or if he was actually telling me that they finally decided to do it. Finally, the last trace of the darkness and technology would be destroyed; I am so relieved and happy.

In my head, I imagine us using demolition vehicles or something similar having forgotten for a second that those vehicles no longer work. It was just a custom of mine to imagine things done in the old ways. Like making a building using strange machines and loud noises and demolishing things in similar if a bit louder way. 

I can't even imagine the magical ways to clean up the human mess. What they do first move the citizens to another place while the change is being done because it could still be dangerous. Then some dragons came, and they are knocking down all the tall buildings but I have a feeling they are allowed to do that in order to have a bit fun, it isn't necessary. 

Then the most powerful creatures in the art of magic come forward and start their work. First, the asphalt and concrete magically disappear and are replaced by beautiful green grass. Upon finishing with that they start turning the rubble of the buildings into different kinds of marvelous things or making some especially ugly parts simply disappear. 

When they are finished with the building I once lived in all it is left in its place is tall grass and colorful flowers. Some buildings are turned into magnificent trees while others still into ponds or forests. The natural beauty is given back to the Earth, and I am astonished by the transformation. 

The capital city of my country, once filled with tall concrete buildings, buses, trams and so on, is now unrecognizable. There is no longer the feeling of being trapped under the cables and power lines. No longer do I feel intimidated by the tall buildings that seem to have no end. 

People are no longer suffocated by the exhaust fumes from the cars and factories, it is simply incredible. We can breathe the fresh air and smell the fragrance of the most beautiful flowers rather than the stink of garbage and decay. 

I keep wondering if it is the same Earth I used to walk on because it feels like I have moved to another planet, it feels similar to Solactia. 

"Why did you decided to do this now?" I ask Peace. 

"There was another meeting and it was decided that it was time. Some remote parts will, of course, remain intact as agreed with the dissatisfied humans but others agreed to welcome the change." Peace said.

I am thoroughly impressed, not only by the beautiful transformation but also by the fact that humans are finally ready to accept the change. Being human, I knew how difficult it is to go out of your comfort zone and accept something new and different. 

We usually feel safe when we are surrounded by something familiar no matter if it is good or bad. We are happy to accept things as long as we understand them. I can see that I am not the only one who thoroughly enjoys the transformation. 

Sam and her family are there as well, together with their magicals and it is nice to see Pete finally being able to act like a kid again. Everyone deserves to have a carefree childhood even if he is the greatest magician that ever was or ever would be. 

He is enjoying the spectacle much more than any of us because he still has that amazing view of the world only a child has. It seems to me as if he pushed aside the ancient wisdom in him and decided to fully enjoy his childhood as he should. 

Still, from time to time he gets a serious look when his father does something crazy as if wondering how old his dad really was. Because let's face it no one enjoyed the demolition part as much as Dan and Gary, especially having in mind that they are actually allowed to participate in the demolition part. 

They are so happy that I can't comprehend it, like children who were given a brand-new toy. It is a sight to behold, an adult man jumping around kicking parts of buildings down, competing with his gargoyle who would do a better job. 

Finally, the transformation is over, and we are ready to start the rebuilding process in which families would choose the types of homes they want, and we will help them build them. Of course, that is if they want our help because most of them are quite capable of doing it themselves.