6

(Y/N POV)

This morning, I woke up with this feeling.

"I'm offended," Peter said, "how could you not like pickles?!"

I shrugged and slid a Hershey bar over to Mr. Delmar, along with a dollar bill. Ned and Peter had ordered sandwiches but I was only in the mood for some chocolate.

"I just don't like them," I said, "they taste terrible. Not to mention they're also slimy and gross."

"But they're so gooooooooooooood."

"So is a Hershey bar." I said, picking it up from the counter and throwing it at him.

Peter barley had to look at the flying candy flying at his face, before he almost instantly caught it with his left hand. I raised an eyebrow and made a mental note of that. According to what just happened, spider-boy had enhanced reflexes.

"Thanks Mr. Delmar!" I called out.

I brushed past Peter and Ned, grabbing my Hershey from Peter's hand. I walked out of the small deli and took off the candy wrapper. Biting a chunk of chocolate into my mouth, I smiled and stared at the city around me.

"So, Mila, do you like Star Wars?" Ned asked, walking up behind me.

"Nah bro, Star Trek is so much better."

"Says nobody in the world," He said, "but Peter and I were planning om binge watching every episode tonight. Do you maybe wanna come?"

I smiled. I actually liked Star Wars, but in all truth I preferred Star Trek. But maybe this proved an opportunity to find something else about Peter. If I can get a look around his room, I can find out how he manages to get all these powers.

"So, is that a yes?"

I shook my head, losing track of my thoughts. Ned and Peter were staring intently at me, hoping to hear my answer. I nodded, and took another bite out of my Hershey bar.

"Sounds like fun." I said, my mouth full.

.......

Peter and Ned walked me to his house. He lived in an apartment, which was around the size of my kitchen back at Stark Tower. But I thought it was cute, and even a little homey.

"I know it's not much, but May makes the place seem better," Peter assured, "but she does tend to pry into your personal business at some points."

"Who's May?"

"My aunt."

I sent a glance to Ned, put his finger over his lips. Mentioning for me not to say anything else, he adjusted his hat and kept walking. How very peculiar.

Another mental note, Peter lives with his aunt. Did his parents live with him also? I didn't know anything about the situation, but if Ned told me not to question it it must be important. I'd assume Ned knows everything there is to know about Peter.

Wait.... Did Ned know about Spider-man?

I could use this to my advantage! Well, maybe, depending on whether Ned knew or not.

"Hey May, I brought a couple friends over to spend the rest of the day!" Peter called out into a seemingly empty apartment.

That was until a short woman poked her head out from around a doorway. She had medium length brown hair, and brown eyes. A smiled formed on her face when she caught sight of me. I didn't know what she was smiling about, because I had never seen the lady before in my life.

"You must be Liz!" she said, walking over to me and holding out her hand. "Pete's told me all about you! Although I thought you'd be a little taller for Junior, but that's okay! Short people are the best! I mean, look at me, I'm short too--"

"Sorry Mrs. Parker, but I'm not Liz..." I said, shaking her hand. "I'm Mila, and I'm a sophomore."

Peter's face was red, and he looked away. He was clearly embarrassed by his aunt's talkative manner, but Ned just seemed used to it.

"Oh! You're Mila?" She continued, "Peter was telling me about you this morning!"

"uHm... he wAs?"

I looked at Peter, who grabbed my wrist and pulled me into another room in the house. Ned sauntered after us, and shut the door behind him. I looked around the room and noticed a small bed in the corner, a miniature closet, and an old computer sitting on a desk.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Peter said, jumping onto his bed. "Mi casa es tu casa."

I laughed. Clearly this kid had no idea where I lived, and I planned on keeping it that way.

"So, Star Wars?" Ned said, pulling movie discs out of his backpack.

"Yeah. Star Wars."

〄〄〄 

How very sMuG

How very sMuG

〄〄〄