10

(PETER POV)

Is maybe a yes or no answer?

"Are you sure you don't me to walk you home?" I offered, "I really don't mind!"

Mila, who was carrying 4 full grocery bags, smiled faintly and shook her head.

"But I do." she said, "I told you, my house is a mess, and I don't want you to see it."

"There's no shame in a messy house."

"Yes there is. Goodbye peter."

"Bye Mila."

I watched as she stumbled off across the street. I don't know why she was being so defensive about a messy house, but I was no one to judge. I didn't start being neat till last year, because I was lazy. But for some reason, after the spider bit me, I wanted to tidy up a bit.

Once she was out of sight, I went back inside my apartment and into my room. I pulled out my phone and called Ned to see if he was busy. Half an hour later, he was in my room and we were watching a cat documentary.

"Das a chubby cat." I mutter, when a fat kitten rolled onto the screen. "I want it."

Ned nodded his head in agreement, his eyes glued to the show in front of him. It wasn't till a couple hours later, that my phone started ringing. I raised an eyebrow, because no one ever calls me. With the exception of Ned.

"Hello?" I asked, my phone fumbling around in my hands.

"Hey Parker."

"Mila?"

"Yup." She said on the other line, her words almost undetectable.

"You sound like your mouth is stuffed with food." I mentioned, picturing the nutella jars she goought earlier.

"That's because it is."

"Oh.... how did you get my number?"

"uHm, I got it from the yellow pages."

"Oh, okay. What's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you."

My heart was beating so fast, I went silent. Ned, who could hear the conversation, was jumping up and down in excitement.

"DUDE, YOU SHOULD TOYALLY ASK HER OUT!" He whispered loudly.

I covered u the speaker on my phone, and shook my head.

"No way."

"Awe come on man, do it!"

"If she says no I'm killing you."

I took my hand off the speaker and put it back up to my ear. Mila was patiently waiting on the other side. My heart was still racing, and I gulped.

"So..... I mean, do you maybe want to hang out tomorrow?"

"Sure, are you going to bring Ned again?"

Ned shook his head no, and waved his hands around. I sent him an annoyed glance and went back to my phone call.

"No... I was thinking just us? Wait- not like a DaTe or anything! Just as fwends..."

"I'd like that very much, Pete."

"Y-you would?"

"I would."

........

"Dude I don't know what to say when I see her next what if she hates me and only said yes because she pities me I'm scared Ned help me please why did you make me do this?!?!?!?"

I was pacing around my classroom, waiting for Mila to arrive. She was in all my classes for some apparent reason, not that I minded, but I didn't know what to say when I saw her.

"Dude, calm down," Ned said, "she literally said she'd love to hang out with you!"

"Yeah but she could be pitying me!!!"

"Trust me, I wouldn't be surprised if she was, but this time I think it's genuine."

"Did you just insult me with a compliment?" I gasped, putting on a pout.

"Actually I never complimented you, just insulted you."

"Man, your the worst at making me feel better."

"That's why I don't try too."

I rolled my eyes and slumped in my seat. Where was I even going to take Mila? Not to the movies, maybe she doesn't like cliche things.... What about a museum?

I rubbed my eyes, unsure of what to do. I still had a good 30 minutes till class started, so I guess I could ask the internet for help. I pulled up safari and typed in 'places to take a pretty girl'.

As I suspected, only cliche things popped up. Why would someone think I'd take a girl out on a first date— wait sorry, HANGING OUT, to watch the stars at night? I mean, it was a Friday so I guess staying out late was an option.

I started scrolling down the list of options, until I came upon an ad that was posted in the corner. It was perfect. Apparently there was a special tour happening today, and there was limited availablility. This was perfect! I pressed on the link, and I was immediately taken to a website.

At the top of the screen was a huge headline posted in black.

TOUR OF STARK TOWER