15

( Y/N POV)

Uh-huh.

I stared at the screen Friday had pulled up for me. My dad got into a car with Happy, and drove off into the city.

"I have a hunch on where you're going," I said, flicking my finger at the visual in front of me, "and you better not mess things up."

It took no genius to tell that he was going to Peter's house, and it ALSO took no genius to know what he was going to do.

And that was a big fat chicken crap no.

I grabbed my phone from my desk, and waited for it to turn back on. Once it did, I pressed the phone dial and waited for Peter to pick up.

"Hello?" he said from the other side, "thank god you called me."

"Why thank god? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I was just worried about you.... You haven't been answering my texts."

"Sorry, my phone was dead."

It was a plain lie, and I bet he could see right through it. But the happiness in his voice when he picked up the phone was undeniable. I frowned, when I realized our friendship wouldn't last any longer.

"Listen Pete, I have to tell you something." I muttered into the phone, "I can't see you anymore."

I heard his breath cut short on the other end of the line. I could imagine the look on his face as he realized our friendship would soon be nonexistent.

"W-why? Why not?"

"My dad heard about what happened with Mr. Stark... he said he's taking me out of school."

"What?! I swear it was all my fault, he shouldn't blame it on you!"

I saw what he was doing. We both knew very well that it was me to blame, but when he insisted it was him I felt terrible. He wanted me to stay so badly, he'd sacrifice his image and pride to keep being my friend.

"It's not your fault Peter, but my father already made up his mind."

"But we can still call, right? We can still see each other?"

"No, we can't."

"Why not?"

I didn't know what to say. If I told him it was because of my dad, he'd want to find a way to sneak past it. But I couldn't risk getting him in trouble again, because that would mean losing his only opportunity. My dad trusts Peter enough to take on some task of his, which is presumably why he's heading to his house, and if he finds out we've been sneaking around behind his back, Spider-Man is done for.

And I couldn't do that to him.

"I-I'm moving away," I said, my voice cracking, "to somewhere else."

The tension between our voices was undeniable. It was like the connection was slowly splitting apart, just like the two of us.

"I'm sorry Peter, I really am," I mumbled softly, a tear escaping my eye. "Goodbye."

"Mila-"

I hung up.

I knew I had to go back to the beginning, how I had lived most of my life. Cooped up in the hellhole of a tower, with nothing but an empty screen to look at. Not even Captain America could cheer me up now, because none of that mattered when I lost my only friend.

I watched silently as my dad parked outside of Peter's apartment. He got up and walked inside, Happy driving away.

"Friday, detach tracker," I ordered, "open up street visuals."

I watched the screen flash to the security camera of the building. My Dad had already disappeared inside the house, most likely trying to swindle his way into convincing Aunt May to sign wavers.

I didn't scream into my pillow, even though I wanted too, I just sat there. There was no point in showing any emotion, because in the end I still lose. In the end Peter's gone.

I waited there, sitting in my bed, watching the pedestrians walk by the camera. All of them looked normal, carefree, and happy. I wanted a life like that. Then I saw Peter walk towards the apartment in the distance. He had his headphones in, and a black box in his hand. I don't know what it was, but that didn't matter.

All I could see was the hardened expression on his face, as he stared at the pavement in front of me. I didn't blink, as he stopped in front of the door to take a breath.

I watched him change his outside appearance, as he pretended that everything was fine. But everything wasn't fine. We both knew it. As he disappeared into the doorway, I knew it might be the last time I saw him.

Goodbye Midtown.

Goodbye Mila Waters.

Goodbye Peter Parker.

I haven't updated his in forever omg, sorry :(