26

(Y/N POV)

When you need a little company.

"We've been at this cafe for 3 hours," I pointed out, "I have to leave in a bit."

Peter stuck out his bottom lip and pouted, whining like a little kid. Usually I'd call him annoying, but I found myself liking the attention he was giving me. Maybe it was the lack of attention I got from my father that made this feel so special, or maybe it was just because I liked him.

God, it feels so weird to say that to myself. Is this what it's like to have a crush? My adoration for Steve was never really serious, so these feelings were new and unreal. Suddenly my world didn't revolve around me anymore, it revolved around him.

"Don't leave me," he said, "when am I going to see you again?"

"Tomorrow?"

"You don't sound sure about it," he joked, "you can just tell me if you don't want to be seen hanging out with me."

"Peter, were in GERMANY," I said, "why would I care what random German people think? I don't know any of them."

"I thought you lived here?"

"I dO! But I'm new and all, so I haven't really met anyone yet."

"Makes sense."

I stood up and adjusted my shirt, and waited for Peter to grab his things too. We both strode out of the cafe, our fingers brushing against each other's. I wanted to grab his hand and hold it, but I felt a sudden wave of fear surround me.

When you have a crush on someone, I suppose you find yourself worrying about every single thing you do. What if he thought I was being weird, and pulled away?

"So," I said, "where are we meeting tomorrow?"

"Here? We could head somewhere else if you wanted."

"Yeah, we can use this place as a meet up spot."

"Nice."

We stared at each other for a quick second, before glancing away in embarrassment. My original plan was to give him a hug goodbye, but now it seemed like I'd be throwing myself on him. And he didn't like me, so what if he just pushed me away?

I stuck out my hand rigidly, and waiting for him to shake it.

He looked a little taken aback by my sudden action, and I scrunched up my face in helplessness. I don't know what's gotten into me, I'm acting like a total idiot. Peter shook my hand in confusion, and I snapped my arm back to my side.

"Pleasure seeing you today," I squeaked, "goodbye!"

I bolted off in the opposite direction before he could say goodbye back. I couldn't help myself, I was panicking. And I rarely panic. I hate panicking! AH! Happy was parked around the corner, so I swung open the front seat and clambered inside.

"Why are you running?" he asked, "and why do you look like you saw a dead animal."

"I'm pretty sure it was my social life that died," I mumbled.

"Did you and Spider-man break up?"

"God, Happy! We aren't dating!"

"I bet you wish you were."

"No! I'm a strong and independent woman who doesn't need a man. And technically peters a boy not a man so HAH."

"Have it your way."

Happy shoved the key into the ignition and started to drive back to the hotel. I slumped in my seat, my mind racing over tha one awkward moment we shared outside of the cafe.

God, I hate having a crush.

Literally the worst feeling in the world. All I can think about is PETER PETER PETER or when it's not about peter, it's YOU'RE SUCH AN EMBARRASSMENT EMBARRASSMENT EMBARRASSMENT!

God, I hate when the crush is Peter Parker.

How is this book #9 in all of Fanfiction, someone explain.