16

(PETER POV)

The one that got away.

I shoved my phone in my pocket, my eyes stinging with the cold air. The only thing I could hear was the sound of her voice, over and over again in my head.

She sounded like she was on the brink of crying, but her words didn't seem to have an ounce of sadness in them. I didn't know what to believe.

As I passed into the apartment, I caught a glimpse of a slick black limousine parked outside of my place. A man was sitting in the front seat, sunglasses pushed straight against his face. Even though I couldn't see his eyes, I could feel him watching my every move. Weird.

"Hey Aunt May," I said, not looking up from the ground.

Did Mila hate me now? Was it because of the Stark Tower thing? All of this was so sudden, and all of the possibilities churned in my stomach like a never ending cycle.

"Hey, how was school today?" I heard May say.

"Okay. This crazy car parked outside..."

I expected her to say something about it, since she knew everything about everyone in the apartment. Was someone getting married in the house next door? I wouldn't be surprised, based on all of the weird noises I hear in the middle of the night.

"Oh, Mr. Parker."

Okay, that definitely wasn't May.

My eyes shot up to see the last person I expected sitting on my couch. Very, very, Very close to my Aunt.

"What are... What are you-What are you- What are you doing here?" I mumbled, confused.

Tony Stark was right in front of me, staring me down. I winced, hoping he didn't come here to yell at me about the whole 'tower' incident.

"It's about time we talked face to face again. You've been getting my emails, right?" He said, "hm?"

I had no clue why he was here, and what he was doing, but I had definitely not been getting his emails. He gave me a wink, and I straightened my back.

"Yeah," I blurted out, "yeah, regarding the.....?"

May whirled about around me, placing her hands on my cheeks. She stared at me with pride, and I just stood there like I knew what was going on. Even though I didn't.

"You didn't tell me about the grant," she said.

"About the grant?"

Mr. Stark cut in, waving her away from me.

"The September Foundation," he explained, "remembered when you applied?"

No, I did not Mr. Stark. Now please tell me why you're lying to my aunt and waltzing about in my house, because I'm getting really confused and I can't handle all of this stress right now omg.

"Right-" I said, trying to play along.

"Well I accepted, and now we're in business," he said, shoving me into my room, "let's talk in private."

I wailed silently, and squealed when he shoved me across the room. This was getting weirder and weirder by the second ,and I think my blood pressure is getting way to high and I'm going to die.

I watched him click the lock of my room, and I widened my eyes. Was he only here to murder me? Was he that mad about the tower thing? I'm too young to die, and even though it's an honor to be killed by tony stark, I have a lot going on that I need to be alive for.

"Quick question of the rhetorical variety," he said smoothly, holding up his phone, "that's you, right?"

I saw a video play across his screen. It was of me as spider-man, swinging across the city. I looked pretty good, if I say so myself. I snapped back to reality when I saw Mr. Stark staring at me.

"That's all-That's all on YouTube though right. I mean that's where you found it," I lied, "Cause' you know that's all fake. It's all done on a computer?"

"Mmm-hmmm?"

"It's like that video that records..."

I saw his eyes flicker to the ceiling tile about where I was standing. I kept all my stuff in there. Before I could register what he was doing, he kicked it down and my spider-suit tumbled down onto the floor.

I caught the falling outfit, and zoomed into the closet, shoving the clothes in a random corner. That- was not good.

"I know who you are," he said, "don't try and hide it."

"You do?"

"Yeah. So you wanna look out for the little guy. You wanna do your part. Make the world a better place all that, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah just looking out... for the little guy. That's-That's what it is."

"You got a passport?"

"Uh, no. I don't even have a driving license."

"You ever been to Germany?"

"I can't go to Germany!" I blurted out.

He stared at me in surprise. I bet he didn't expect a middle class kid like me to be so hesitant about free travel. But he didn't understand why I couldn't.

"Why?" he asked.

I stared at the floor, fumbling my fingers around.

"I-I've got a girl."

......

next chapter is where it gets fun hehe

.......