7

(Y/N POV)

If only you knew.

Peter, Ned, and I were sitting on the floor of his room. We had stacked up pillows to make a fort, but it ended up falling anyways. It was 9:42 when we started the third Star Wars movie, but nobody was close to tired.

"You know, Han Solo reminds me of Tony Stark." Peter remarked, shoving his elbows into a pillow.

"Really? He reminds me of Darth Vader," I said.

"Woah, what do you have against Mr. Stark?"

"Nothing, just a joke. Just a joke."

Peter turned away to watch the movie playing in front of us, and I giggled to myself. He had no idea who I was. I tried to put my eyes on the TV screen, but my eyes kept drifting around his room. I wanted to find something useful that would help me figure out more about the boy next to me.

No, not Ned.

I shoved my head into my pillow and sighed. I really wanted to eat some food right now, but I didn't want to be rude.

"Did everyone eat dinner?" Mrs. Parker said, peeking her head into the room.

We all shook our heads and looked at her. She was wearing sweatpants and shoes, and had her hair up in a messy bun. She looked like she was about to go out on a Friday night jog.

"Okay, well, I'm going out to get some tacos. If you want to come, you can!" She offered.

Ned and I took her offer generously, and soon we were all out and ready to go eat some food. There was this quaint little shop a couple blocks from Peter's apartment, and it was called El Rey Del Taco. It was so small, I wouldn't;t have known it was there if I drove past it a thousands times.

"It's a hidden gem." Mrs. Parker explained, "Only a couple people know about it, but we try and spread the word as much as we can."

Once we got in, she offered to pay for the meal, but I told her I would pay separately. Even if I had to keep my identity a secret, I wouldn't let someone spend their money on me when I know I can afford it myself. It's just not right to take someone else hard-earned money when my money wasn't 'hard-earned' at all.

"So, Mila, why did you move to Queens?" Ned asked."Normally people move to places like Brooklyn or Massachusetts"

"Ummm, My dad wanted me to go to a gifted school, where I could continue my study of arachnids." I said.

To be honest, I wasn't lying. My dad did want me to go to Midtown to study a Spider-being.

"You want to be an arachnologist?" Peter said, intrigued. "Like, you want to study spiders for a living?"

I nodded. I had to make my excuse reasonable. And anyways, I pretty much was an archaeologist anyways, because I keep finding myself observing a certain kind of spider. (Aka, Spider-Pete.)

"What's your favorite kind of spider?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. It was like he was testing my knowledge.

I laughed. What did he want me to say? SpIdEr-MaN?

"Gasteracantha fornicata," I remarked plainly, "it's the Australian Northern Jewelled Spider."

Peters eyes lit up. I guess he was expecting me to say something like, "black widow', or 'daddy longlegs'. But little did Mr. Parker know, I did have a favorite in real life.

"So, I told you mine, now you tell me yours." I shot back.

"I don't have a favorite spider."

"Liar. You've got to have one."

"Fine. What if I said I liked radioactive spiders?"

I sunk back into my seat in amusement. I remember there was a study on radioactive spiders once, not to long ago if you ask me, but they shut it down for some unknown reason.

"Radioactive?" I inquired, "what makes you say that?"

Peter's face flushed once he realized what he said. It was like he let something slip, and needed to cover it back up.

"Just a joke. Radioactive spiders aren't real." He responded.

"Right....."

......

After dinner was over, I paid for my meal and set off to go home. Once I made it to Stark tower, I slipped in through the back door. I couldn't risk being noticed. Once I was inside, I took the elevator to the 6th floor to see my dad.

"Welcome back Ms. Stark." F.R.I.D.A.Y said when I walked in, "Your father has been waiting for you."

"Thanks Pal," I announced, "I'm on my way to see him now."

I walked further into the lab, realizing how rusty and burnt the walls were. Half of the furniture had been removed, and I assumed it was because of the previous explosion from the morning.

"Dad!" I called out, "Where art thou meddlesome self?"

He popped his head out from under a table, and frowned at me. He dusted off his oily hands on his shirt, and set down his pliers.

"Really? We aren't in the renaissance, so why must you speak like Shakespeare?" He said.

"Because I want to."

"Jeez, you sound like Loki."

I laughed, and set down my backpack on one of the tables. Pulling up a lab stool, I sat down and pulled out my laptop.

"Anything on the Spider-boy?" My dad asked when I pulled up a search tab. "Happy told me you went over to his house for 5 hours today."

"Happy?" I said, "did you tell him to spy on me again?"

"No, I told him to look after you. There's a big difference."

"Suuurrrreeeeee." I retorted, "and yes, I did get a few leads."

I typed in the search bar for anything that could tell me about radioactive spiders. I scrolled further and further down the list of options, until I came upon one about the Radioactive project. Apparently, some company wanted to further the mutation of living beings an radioactive energy. They tried it with spiders, but only 2 out of the 10 test subjects survived.

This first surviving spider was kept in a conserved area, but the second went missing. No one knows where it went, and that's why they had to shut down the project. They were letting dangerous things go lose in New York.

I kept reading the article, and looked at some of the school sponsors listed. Sure enough, there was Midtown. Apparently they went on a field trip there, and somebody got sick or something and passed out.

I was getting a hunch about who it was, and it made perfect sense. Did Peter get bitten by the spider? Is that how he had his senses double, and was able to shoot webs and stuff? I always thought spider webs came out of their butts, but thankfully in peters situation, it didn't.

"So, what did you find?" My dad said, breaking my train of thought.

I spun the computer over to him and told him to read it.

"I think I found out how Spidey-Boy came to be." 

〄〄〄 

Is this how the famous  'sweater over mouth' photo came to be?

〄〄〄