Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -2-

-2- (Time of Dying - Three Days Grace)

When I wake up the pain is just in my throat. It feels like someone shoved a white-hot iron down my throat. I look around to see that I am in an old bedroom. Dust covers mostly everything. I remember my name is Sophia and I am with someone named James. “James?” I call out hoping someone will come. 

“Love,” He says coming in and kissing my on the cheek. Am I with him? I suppose I should act as I know. 

“Why does my throat burn?” I ask. 

“You are thirsty for blood,” He says.

“Blood.”

“Love, you are a vampire, I’ll explain everything after we hunt,” He promises.  We go out to a quaint little village where he allows me to hunt. After four humans he stops me and on the way home he explains the laws vampires must follow. 

He tells me about our supernatural abilities and that some of us have gifts. He tells me to look at him and looking him in the eyes is when I experience a flashback of some sort; he experiences it with me.

James looks human. His skin is tan and his eyes are bright blue. He is taking out a trash bag in an alley way - between city apartments. He hears a noise that causes him to drop that bags. “Hello? Is anyone there?”

Something flashes in front of him that he can’t exactly comprehend exactly what it is. It comes by again and he tries to back out of the alley way before he is flung into the brick wall. He groans and places and hand behind his head to see his fingers covered in sticky, crimson blood. He grimaces as he weakly tries to get up and tries to defend himself.

“A fighter?” A bell voice asks. 

“Who’s there?” He coughs out. 

A lovely figure stands in front of him. Her golden hair, flawless fair skin, but her eyes are a shocking crimson. She inclines her head as if she were going to kiss him, but he screams as her razor sharp teeth pierce his flesh. 

“This is my past,” He announces after the flashback is over. “This is your gift.”

“My g-gift?” I wrinkle my nose at the word. It seems like it doesn’t fit, but I accept it since he is the only person I have in the world now. 

“You can see people’s pasts or have a ‘flashback’ this is wonderful,” He tells me.