Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -8-

-8- (I Just Haven’t Met You Yet - Michael Buble) 

We walk down the hallway and Alice opens the last door on the right. I look around curiously. The wall opposite to the door is made entirely of glass with sheer brown curtains with gold rose designs. The walls are painted a dark purple that has more of a blue tint that red, but somehow lightens up the room and the floor is covered with light-shaded wood. There is a queen sized bed covered in pillows to match the wall and curtains. A bookshelf is shaped around the bed on the wall and some books are already on the shelf. A glass coffee table is at the foot of the bed and a small decorative pot with some flowers that were planted in from of the Cullens’ home. Then, there are double doors opposite of the bed; Alice gracefully walks up to the doors and explains, “These led to your closet, Rosalie and I already stocked it with everything you’ll need.”

“Thank you,” I smile. 

“Rosalie is out hunting with Emmett now, but you can talk to them later,” She adds before leaving me to my new room. 

It is hard to adjust to a simple, if this is even simple, house. I grew up in a castle, with the Volturi I was in a castle too, and I barely remember the mental hospital. 

I look out the huge window to see Edward and Bella with Renesmee getting ready to go back to their cottage. I am about to go check out my closet when there is a knock on my door. “Come in,” I say softly.

I’m not too surprised when I see Jasper walk in - he probably has a million questions, maybe the same as my own. “Hello,” He still has that southern drawl. 

“Hi,” I say becoming aware of my own accent and it makes me cringe. He looks at me in confusion. “My accent,” I explain. 

He lets out a mellifluous laugh, “There’s nothing wrong with it.”

I shake my head in disagreement, but smile a little bit, “Not to be rude, but why are you here?”

“Why didn’t you kill me when you were supposed to?” He asks sitting on my bed. 

I shrug taking a spot next to him, “You aren’t evil, Jasper. Maria should have been on the Volturi’s list to kill, but they need her for future deals. Why did you listen to me?”

“Listen?”

“When I told you to run away? It could’ve been a trap, you didn’t have to trust me, but you did, so why did you do it?” I prompt. 

“I’m an empath, remember?”