Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -13-

-13- (Fix You - Boyce Avenue)

I go back to where I had been in the forest with Jasper before. Thankfully he wasn’t here. I needed to think before I started practicing. I had to stop avoiding it. I wasn’t healthy. Like how I avoided the possibility of Alice forgiving me. 

How did I feel about him? I mean Alice left because she saw something between us, but what? I should have asked her about her vision. Sure, I saw Alice explain it to Jasper, but I didn’t know exactly what she saw. Why did I let Jasper live? He was innocent, but if it was someone else would I spare them? 

Alice was right. He was just trying help me and make me feel better. I was being such a jerk. I should have listened to him or Esme or Rosalie or Emmett. I was just being selfish. 

Did Jasper even want to be with me? He probably didn’t with the way I was acting, I was probably the reason Alice had the vision she did. Why didn’t Jasper hate me? He should.

My thoughts are interrupted by a rustling behind me. A moment later, Santiago appears out of nowhere - he was part of the Volturi guard. 

“What do you want?” I spat planning my attack.

“I here to give you a message. That Aro will kill you all if you don’t hand over Renesmee.” 

“Fine,” I sigh. As he turns around I pounce. I take his arm and fling him into a tree.

He gets up and hisses at me, “What the hell?!”

“I’m sorry, can you not take a hint?” 

He kicks me, forcing me down and I trip him and get in a few punches before he kicks me off him. I run around through the clearing avoiding him, but he is catching up. I make a split second decision to stop and duck causing him to trip over me and go flying. 

I should have fed, I am not a strong as I normally am. Plus, the human blood in Santiago makes him much stronger than I am. I watch as he gets up and I jump as he charges towards me. 

As he looks around for me, I sneak up behind him and kick him down. This time I know I won’t have enough energy if I keep playing around so I just rip his head right off his shoulders. I create a fire in the clearing and throw his limbs into it. 

“You had me scared for a moment,” Jasper’s southern drawl sounds from behind me. 

“What? You saw that... how much of that did you exactly see?”