Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -14-

-14- (Immortal - Adema)

It is five days later that the other covens arrive and we train. Eleazar and Carmen help every one train with Jasper and I since they had been part of the Volturi a few centuries ago. 

Carmen trains the Romain and Egyptian covens. Eleazar trains the rest of the Denali coven. Jasper trains the wolves and I am with the Cullens. We are training until three in the morning. 

Renesmee falls asleep watching them train, she has been my little helper. We call for a rest inside the Cullens home. Jacob carries her inside and sits with her in his lap on the couch. 

“Alice do you see anything?” Carlisle asks. 

“They aren’t in Volterra... that’s for sure. They could be close now,” Alice says. 

“I suggest we have sections. But it’d have to be timed perfectly.  Like all of the Cullens waiting with Renesmee as an easy target. Then, a few minutes in the Denalis attack from one side and the Romanians and Egyptians at the other side. The shape shifters can sneak up in the back. The Volturi will have nowhere to run and Renesmee will be safe with Edward and Bella. Also, the Volturi can’t fight all sides and if Bella can make her shield stronger enough none of us will be affected by Jane or Alec,” I say. 

“That might be crazy enough to work,” Noel comments.

“It’s be have to set up perfectly, if I know the Volturi, I would say out time is limited. Everyone would have to know the right time to come out. It has to be precise, there can’t be a break anywhere or they can escape.” 

“I never though it would come to this,” Carlisle sighs.

“You’re not going to help us?” I ask.

“I am, but I never thought I’d see there was no other choice. It has to be done.”

“Jane, Alec, Dimitri, Felix, Aro, Marcus, and Caius are our main targets. The Volturi can’t sustain without them so we have to get rid of them first,” Edward adds.

“Benjamin can create a rock wall to hinder the Volturi from escaping once we start fighting,” Tia from the Egyptian coven suggests. 

“He can do that, but Noel should take his place. We need to make the numbers on each side almost even,” Edward replies. 

“How will we know when they are coming?” Noel asks. 

“If I know the Volturi I would say most likely tomorrow. Those letters never seem to go a full week without some visit... I would know,” I answer. “I suggest we hunt. The pack can stay here and guard Renesmee incase the Volturi come. Remember that we have to stay in groups.” 

“I know who my partner is going to be,” Jasper sneaks up behind me making me squeak causing him to laugh for the first time in a few days. He had been so serious, occupied with training that seeing him smile and laugh was shocking. “Did you just squeak?”

“For your information I did, but you scared me!” 

He rolled his eyes, “You? Scared by me?”

“You’re not as innocent as you think you are.”

“Who says I think I’m innocent,” He smirks. 

“Jasper, stop behind a smart-ass.”

“Who says-”

“Let’s just hunt,” I giggle.

All of us arrive back at noon the next day. The Egyptian and Romanian covens went up to Canada to hunt humans. The Denalis and Cullens scattered through the forest. We met in the clearing with the shape shifters and Renesmee to get into place. We had to be ready at any moment even if that meant staying in the same place for a few hours. 

The Cullens and I stood in the middle of the clearing. Renesmee in between Edward and Bella who acted like this could be the end. The pack had camp set up near here for food incase we were here awhile. They would be hiding nearby in wolf form to stay undetected. The Denali coven was in the forest, hiding and waiting as the Egyptian and Romanian coven and Noel were doing on the other side of the clearing. 

In the clearing we were acting ‘normal’ to prevent the Volturi from thinking this was a trap. We were trying to make it seem like it was just a normal June storm baseball game. As if to fit the mood of this tense scene there was an overcast - normal weather for Forks, Washington. Thunder rumbled in the distance as if building up anticipation for the big fight. Lightning didn’t strike too often, the storm wasn’t close enough for that.

We tried to act as we were playing a casual game of baseball. Renesmee was with Esme and Bella watching the rest of us until a horribly familiar voice said, “I have it.” When the ball went out of bounds. The Cullens huddled together immediately with Renesmee in the middle. 

The Volturi approached slowly, menacingly like this was the end. It was, but by the end of the day we would figure out whose end it would be. Caius throw the ball up and down casually and threw it towards us. Not to hit any of us, but to make it roll in front of us.

I noticed Aro was looking at Renesmee, he didn’t catch me looking to the sides of the field as my signal. The Volturi stopped so the ball was smack in the middle of both sides. “You know what we have come for.”

Of course we do, but guess what Aro? This time the jokes on you,” I say. The vampires and then the shape shifters surround the entire Volturi including the wives. I look to Benjamin who is in the back waiting to make the wall. “You want Renesmee come and get her.”

I can feel Bella’s shield curve around me. The Volturi looks shocked, but Aro gives them a look before they charge towards us. Ben takes that as his cue to create the Earth wall. It is a blur from there. 

Vampires moving at the sped of light. Edward goes to fight and Bella stays to the side to focus on the shield and protecting Renesmee. I look around for what feels like a minute, but is actually seconds to pick out my opponent. Some one I hold a grudge on... Marcus. For attacking me int he castle multiple times. 

He isn’t too hard to defeat, he puts up a fight, but without the guard he is helpless. I catch Emmett fighting Dimitri and notice how similar they are. Edward is fighting with Alec, Bella’s shield stopping his powers from hindering Edward. I look around for Chelsea, she betrayed and lied to me!

I knock her down from behind. She is starting at the fight in shock. Before she can get up I rip her limbs and throw them in the fire someone else started. A pile is accumulating and I wonder who is dead. I wonder if anyone from our side has died. What if the Volturi numbers are still thriving? 

I take down the two wives and notice the sea of shape shifters and vampires is thinning and it looks like we are winning. Jasper is fighting Felix while I catch Sam and Leah taking down Jane with Esme’s help. Carlisle gets the vampires who accompanied the Volturi. I look to see how Ben is holding up when I am punched to the ground. I look up to see Aro and roll out of the way before he can rip my head off my shoulders. 

I feel someone pull me up. Jasper, gets me to my feet. I realize the Volturi defeated except for Aro. 

“Where’s Noel?”

“Why is Aro punching himself in the face?” Emmett asks laughing. 

“Simple,” Noel voice sounds and out of thin air he appears in front of Aro’s body before taking his head of his shoulders. “It’s my power, I can enter any person’s body and control them like a puppet.” 

“And you never mentioned this!” Alice hisses going to his side. 

“It never came up!” He grinned sheepishly. 

“Well now we have to decide on a knew ruler to enforce the law.”

“Something else first,” Jasper said turning to me. He gets on one knee and I don’t know what to think or say. I think I’ve forgotten English! “Sophia, will you marry me?”