Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -4-

-4- (Anything But Ordinary - Avril Lavigne)

Miranda didn’t make it to the guard and her screams pierce the usual silence of the castle as Felix and Demitri enjoy her. 

These days I carefully watch Aro and the other Volturi - Caius and Marcus. I try to read them to see if they have anything on the agenda involving my replacement. I’m not ready to be replaced. Why would they need someone to replace me? Aren’t I good enough? 

We’ve all established that Aro is power crazy, but would he be willing to let go of some of the more powerful people on his guard. I make sure I ‘forgot’ about the Jasper incident incase Aro might accidentally catch a glimpse of it. He finds me later in the lobby.

“We are looking for some girl to be bait with Chelsea, child,” He reassures me. “We’ve picked the perfect girl that lives in an orphanage nearby, Heidi, is her name.”

I nod, understanding he doesn’t want to replace anyone... as of yet. 

I talked to Chelsea, but she seemed perfectly fine with this new ‘assistant’ Heidi. She told me she hated the contacts and the fishnets, and would be glad that she didn’t have to wear them all the time. 

Aro had chosen our ‘bait’ well. Heidi had an unforgettable beauty and could probably attract any man she wanted; her hair was long, lustrous and mahogany colored.  Chelsea had to get the humans for a few more weeks before Heidi fully could control her powers and defend herself. 

Demitri and Felix had ‘helped’ her dress to emphasis her beauty. 

I sat in the lobby with Chelsea; she sighs, “It’s marvelous that I don’t have to always go out and get humans all the time.”

“You love doing that,” I note.

“I have a feeling Heidi will be better it, but those contacts are a pain,” She tells me. 

“What do they do?”

“They burn, and the venom in your eyes tries to dissolve the contacts. Plus, you can see all the scratches on the contact so your vision is blurred and that’s so disorienting!” She rants. 

“Why-”

“And being around humans while annoyed that you can’t see as well and starving isn’t very helpful,” She continues. “Also-”

“Chelsea, calm down, you aren’t out right now,” I tell her.