Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -12-

-12- (Bad Romance - Lady Gaga)

“We need to practice,” Jasper tells me. 

He insists that we have to keep practice fighting. He knows that I was part of the Volturi, does he doubt my skills or something? 

“How about we talk and practice?” 

“About?”

“I want to settle the whole thing about Alice with you,” I tell him.

“Fine,” He sighs.

We stand in fighting position and I ask, “If you think that Alice isn’t mad at me why hasn’t she returned?” I duck an attack from him. 

“She wanted to look for her real soulmate,” He answers. He blocks my hits. 

“Say she has found him. It’s been two months.” I prompt. 

“She also wanted to sort a few things out,” He defends and trips me. 

As he approaches me I kick him back into a tree, “I don’t buy it. I really believe she is mad at me. Did she ever tell you that she wasn’t mad at me?”

“No, but-”

“It doesn’t matter if you aren’t mad at me. She isn’t the same person as you. Think about it. In her eyes, I split you up. I didn’t do anything, but I managed to do it.” We have stopped fighting at the point and were standing five feet away from each other. 

“Sophia-”

“Jasper, you are an empath. You can feel what I feel. Therefore, you should understand that I feel 

like it truly is my fault. Alice hasn’t called or written a letter...”

“You don’t know if she’s mad or not then. So what if she says that she’s not mad at you, she hasn’t said that she was mad either,” Jasper snaps. 

“Well you have no reason to be angry, she was able to talk to you. At least you got to say goodbye.” 

“You keep beating yourself up over this-”

“Well Alice and I could have been friends, but for whatever reason that she left which happened to be a random vision, she couldn’t possibly want to be my friend!” 

“You can’t know that.”

“Maybe this talking and fighting thing wasn’t such a great idea,” I sigh.

“You won’t accept that Alice wasn’t ever mad at you.” 

“Yeah. It was a bad idea. I may not be a part of the Volturi, but I can fight. I don’t need you to help me. I can’t... I can’t deal with all of this-” I never though I’d have an emotional breakdown. 

I hope Jasper can’t feel my emotions, but I know he can so I bolt as soon as it looks like he might say something. 

I have no idea where I’m going. I know I’m headed north. After a few miles, I stop. Jasper hasn’t followed me, but I hear another familiar voice. 

“Fancy meeting you here,” Alice chimes in her lovely soprano voice.

“Alice?!” I freeze in shock and fear.

“Don’t be scared,” She laughs. “I’m not mad at you.”

“But I-”

“I’ve been hearing from the others that you think I’m mad at you for separating Jasper and I, but 

honestly I couldn’t be more grateful. Jasper is lovely, but I found my real mate. He is amazing! Perfect for me and he doesn’t mind shopping... too much!” She giggles. 

“Wait... you found someone?” 

“His name is Noel, he is somewhere...” 

“Boo!” A voice yells. 

“That wasn’t funny!” I hiss and jump to Alice’s side. Alice and a man are both laughing. I’m 

assuming this is Noel - he has shaggy brown hair and is probably 5’9”. 

“Hilarious,” Noel grins. “Which one is this?” He asks Alice.

“Right! Noel this is Sophia and Sophia this is Noel.” 

“French?” I ask.

“I was born in France.”

“Noel is around your age,” Alice explains. 

“Really?” 

“400 years.”

“You remember the destruction of the kingdom?” 

He chuckles, “Such a long time ago... but I believe so. I was nine or ten when it happened.”

“I was the Princess. I was put in an insane asylum after a lightning accident gave me my strange power.” 

“Oh, I remember that now! Well... I remember people talking about a crazy orphan.” 

“I am not crazy!” 

“I didn’t say that,” He smirks. “...Yet.”

I glare at him and catch a glimpse of his past. He was a peasant boy in France around the time my family was destroyed. His family moved to Italy when he turned twenty where he became a well-known lawyer. On his way home from work he was attacked by a vampire. And the vampire recognized him from the courts, and let him live. 

“What was that?” Noel asks.

“I can see people’s pasts,” I say. “So are you both coming back?” I ask to change the subject.

“We were in a few days,” She replies. 

“If you could hurry that would be great.”

“Why?”

“You didn’t see it?”

“See what?”

“That’s right Renesmee and the shape shifters! Well the Volturi is coming for Renesmee and probably to kill us all. We have to fight. We need all the help we can get. Jasper tried training with me...that’s how I ended up here.” 

“We’ll be at the house soon,” She says. “But Sophia?”

“Yes?”

“Don’t fight with Jasper, he means no harm, he doesn’t like to see you stressed out.”

“I guess so,” I sigh. “I mean you aren’t mad at me... like he had been telling me before I ran off.”

“Go back to them and we’ll get there soon,” She says. 

“Okay,” I agree.