Breaking All The Rules (Jasper Hale) -5-

-5- (Bring Me To Life - Evanescence)

Later, I go up to Aro and decide to ask him about animal blood against my better judgement. 

“Why would you want to drink animal blood when you can have human blood?” 

I shrug, “I’m not sure, it just seems interesting.”

Marcus and Caius aren’t in the room to side with him, so I end up just looking at him before catching a flashback.

“Brother, where are we going, Marcus is waiting for me!” A woman who looked like Aro, but her hair was lighter and longer and her eyes were wide with excitement. 

Aro looked at her with a blank expression, “We’re almost there, Didyme.”

They get to a room and Aro closes the door and locks it. “Why did you do that?” 

Aro approaches her like a predator and within a second snaps her head off her shoulders and her body collapses as he holds her decapitated head and kisses the forehead, “This was for the good of the guard, sister.”

I look at Aro with questioning eyes, “Who’s Didyme and why did you kill her?!”

“CHILD-”

“You-” Marcus says accusingly to Aro as he enters the chamber with Caius. 

I wear a startled expression, not knowing how to react. 

“Follow me, child,” Caius says as Marcus approaches Aro. 

I do as he says and as we walk in the corridor I ask, “What is going to happen?”

“Aro will have Chelsea use her ability to get Marcus to mantain his loyalty and not attack Aro.”

Later that night there is a knock on my door, I open it to see Marcus there - his blank expression has returned and I can not imagine why he is here. 

“Marcus? What are you doing he-”

He cuts me off by connecting his lips to mine and he closes and locks the door behind him. I scream, but the soundproof walls prevent my screams from being heard from anyone who can help me. 

He shoves me against the wall and touches me in places he shouldn’t. I try to escape, but he just gets more rough and hurts me. I just go limp and hope it will be over soon. He proceeds to rape me and it lasts for nearly two hours. 

“What the hel-”

Marcus slaps me; I hiss in pain and cradle my cheek with a tender hand. “You will keep your mouth shut and every night I’ll come, if you stop me I’ll kill you before you can blink. Understand?”

I nod slowly in fear. 

He leaves me and as soon as I see him heading towards the lobby, I go to the chambers and tell Aro what happened. He just gives a knowing smile, “You let the secret get out this is my merciful revenge.”

“You let him-”

“And you shall learn from your actions and be thankful I didn’t decide to kill you.”

“Of course, my apologies, master,” I say knowing there is no way I can fight this. 

Unfortunately for me, Marcus keeps his promise and I can not do anything to stop him. He arrives every evening and tries new things with me even though I do not respond. This devil of a man stole my virginity and continues to abuse me. If I were a human I would cry, but I just dry sob for hours after he leaves. 

I can’t tell anyone. Chelsea, Dimitri, and Felix are all clueless to the matter. Maybe it is better that way. I don’t want to get them involved and have Aro kill them.

Some nights Marcus liked to rape me and other nights beat me. It was worse than the shock therapy I endured as a human. I couldn’t decide which I hated more, I just tried to forget it all and hoped it would get better, but deep down I knew it would never get better.

Tonight, he was planned on beating me. I stood near the couch in my room, cornered by him as he was smiling a sinister smile down at me. He picked me up by my hair, ignoring my screams, and threw me into the wall. I groaned at the impact of the blow and hissed in pain. 

Years pass and in 2006, I finally build up the courage to tell Chelsea what Marcus has been doing to me. 

Her face is a mix of emotions, lots of wrath, pity, hatred, some curiosity, and sympathy. “WHY DIDN’T YOU EVER TELL ME!?” 

“Shh!” I hush. “If Aro hears you he’ll kill both of us!”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She asks more quiet. 

I shrug, “He threatened me, to kill me even, and that was enough to keep me quiet.”

“You need to get out of here,” She tells me. 

“I can’t.”

“You need to,” She prompts.

“I have nowhere to go,” I argue. 

“Listen, it will only get worse if you don’t leave now, Aro obviously sees that you are disposable and no better than the rest of us. Therefore, if you can’t stop Marcus you have to go!”

I sigh, “I don’t know...”

“GUYS!” Dimitri barges into Chelsea’s room.

“What?” Chelsea glares at him.

“Aro wants all of us in the main chamber now,” Dimitri says. 

“Let’s go,” She sighs slightly annoyed.

I follow slowly behind as if a death march. When we reach the chamber Aro and all the other Volturi and guard are waiting. “We have some guest that will be here soon.”

“Edward’s been a persistent one,” Marcus comments. 

“Well we’ll decide their fate as soon as we hear the entire crime,” Caius smirks. 

“We’ll see if she can be of any use to us,” Aro corrects.

“Who?” Chelsea asks. 

“The Cullens, they seem to have some new additions since we’ve last seen Carlisle.” 

Cullens. The vegetarian vampires. I immediately think back to the reading I had done on the vampire covens. Carlisle’s description and the few members in his coven came to mind: Rosalie, Emmett, Edward, and Esme.

What law did they break?

“A human they met knows our secret,” Aro answers making me realize my question was spoken.