Part 21

Part 21

Well this was strange, as I had no idea what to do anymore. Renzo had left me in his room without any form of entertainment and had gone to find Natasha all by himself. This was not fair, I deserved to go with him and find out what was going on with Natasha and the Borronis, but no, the jerk left me here and told me to behave.

"Ha! If he thinks I am just going to sit here and behave like he told me to, then he had a lot to learn about me," I said before getting up from the bed and making my way over to the door. However, when I tried to turn the doorknob, I realized that he had locked me in.

"Oh that evil bastard!" I swore under my breath as I kicked the door with all my might. He was going to pay for this, I swear to God I would make him pay. Why in the world did he decide to lock me in? Was he that afraid of me trying to leave?

"Oh my God! What am I going to do here for so long?!" I whined, jumping on his bed, not caring if I wrinkled the sheets. Maye I could destroy his room as revenge for locking me in here.

But he is going to punish Natasha then.

The thought of Natasha being whipped by Renzo had me swearing once again. Why did he have to be so cruel as to know how to control me? But I should not let him control me, why should I when he had done so much to me. Maybe I could become just as cruel as him and then we would be evenly matched in power and brutality. However, no matter how hard I tried to think about hurting him, it always left a bitter taste in my mouth. How could it be so easy for someone to hurt another? If my grandmother found out about this, she would kill me and Renzo.

"Oh grandma, I wish I was with you. I miss you so much," I muttered as I thought about my grandmother who was my only family.

My parents died when I was thirteen in a tragic plane crash. It was a terrible day and one I would never forget. I had been waiting for them to come home after spending a month at summer camp, and when they didn't show up, let's just say that I now hate summer camps. I had been away from them for a month and because of that, I would never be able to see them again.

After that, I moved in with my grandmother who looked after me until I was eighteen. Even though she had lost a daughter, she never once expressed her pain and sorrow in front of me except at the funeral. And that made me realize just how strong my grandmother was, and what I wouldn't do to become like her. I wanted to be strong and resilient like her, so that no one knew what my weakness was and therefore couldn't use it against me like Renzo was doing now.

With a sigh, I looked around the room as I tried to think about what to do. I knew Renzo told me to behave myself and not ruin this room but I couldn't help but want to do just that.

And so, I got up from the bed and the first thing I did was pull the sheets off the bed. Once I had the bundle in my hands, I threw it in a corner before walking over to the vanity table. There wasn't much available for me to play with except for a bottle of cologne and something which looked a lot like a jewelry box. With curiosity forming a frown on my forehead, I opened the box only to find it empty, which had me rolling my eyes. Of course, this was definitely Renzo—keeping things for no reason, just like he was keeping me here.

I picked up the box and threw it on the bed, not caring if it fell and broke. Next I picked up the lone bottle of cologne and inhaled its scent, which transported me back to when Renzo kissed me and made me feel as if entered a new world entirely. Blast it! Why did he have to be such a good kisser?

Do not let the kiss cloud your judgement! If he is using fire, then you must become ice.

Normally, my inner voice gave good advice, but this time I wanted to smack her if she were a real person. How could being cold towards Renzo help me in any way? If he was fire, then it wouldn't take long for him to melt me by kissing me or doing God knows what else. No, I had to fight fire with fire.