Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Alexander)

"You know, I'm the one who got beat up and I'm the one who does drugs, so why are you the one bouncing up and down like you dropped acid?"

I sat next to Mark in the office, glancing at him with a deadpan expression as he held an ice pack to his swollen cheek. It would seem that Oscar had easily caught up with Mark and gave him a beating he'd not soon forget. Now, the guy who stole my money and mentally tore me apart, sat next to me, looking like your average bullied kid. Sort of like me, only no one did it to my face and if they did, they made sure they were a good four feet away.

Mark looked a little pathetic sitting there all slumped with an ice pack on his face, his lip busted, and his nose turning purple on the bridge. His black hair was sticking up in several directions while his beanie sat in his lap.

"Family coming in." I answered dryly, looking away. Mark always did this sort of stuff. We weren't friends, no. We never considered each other friends. In fact, he was the bully and I was the bullied. Mark was just lower on the social food chain than I was. I suppose you could say we outcasts had to stick together.

I mean, not even the other resident potheads liked Mark.

I could obviously see why.

"Oh, boo fuckin' hoo," Mark snapped at me, making me cock a brow at him now, "You weren't slugged by the star quarterback."

"Nope, the only bright side to my day." I replied, sitting up straight as I peered past the office lady's head to see Amber's silver Mercedes pulling up. I sighed in relief to see just her climbing out, her long blonde hair tied in a ponytail on the side of her head. Mark frowned and leaned on my shoulder, far too close for my tastes as I could still smell the blood from his lip and it was making my temples throb.

"Is that your sister?" He asked in awe, dropping the ice pack into my lap, making me hiss past clench teeth before glaring at him pointedly. I rolled my eyes and shoved him away from me, dropping the pack rather forcefully on his groin, making him yip just as Amber came in with a thermos and brown paper sack.

"Yo," She greeted boredly to the office lady, who frowned, before Amber looked at me, "Brought your medication and breakfast. I told you to stop skipping or... or you might, you know, go Hulk on us." I took the bag, rising to my feet.

"Thanks, Amber." I sighed in relief. She nodded, then glanced behind me with wide eyes.

"The hell happened to you?" She asked Mark. I grimaced and opened my mouth to stop her, but Mark shot to his feet eagerly at the attention, surprising me as he stumbled over his words before managing a shy 'hello'. Amber paused, then smirked at him.

"You're a cutie. Ally never told me he had friends." She added, glancing at me. I went to correct her, but Mark immediately linked his arm with mine and beamed brightly.

"Not friends, we're great friends! In fact, I was going to visit sometime soon. We were just talking about what day would be better." He added quickly. I stared at him in disbelief, then looked at Amber for help, but she ignored my look and grinned.

"Is that so? How cute. How about tonight? It'd be great if Ally had some friends to show off." She responded with a nod. I looked at her curiously and honestly hoped she wasn't thinking what I thought she was thinking. Mark, the oblivious junkie he was, just smiled and nodded eagerly.

"Definitely!" He chirped.

"Excellent," Amber exclaimed, clapping her hands together cheerfully before pecking me on the cheek, "See you two after school! Good luck, Ally-boy!" She waved before giving Mark a wink and disappearing out of the office. Mark sank back into his chair, holding his ice pack and tilting his head back.