Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four (Alexander)

"Drakon?" Mark asked, his voice carrying over us. Oscar looked up, confused, but we were mostly ignoring him now as the news settled in. I grimaced, glancing at Mark, who was looking at us with as much confusion as Oscar.

"Newell is your cousin. He would've been the heir if it wasn't for his handicap. Newell was born with hypopituitarism. Basically it won't let him grow older. His parents were Aurora and Edward Drakon. Edward was Prescott's brother and when he found out that Newell wouldn't age past the age of eight, I'm guessing, he stepped down and let his brother take over the clan's affairs. This brought Drakon to one of its highest points in power. That's when Vladimir took the clan apart. Supposedly he killed everyone." I added with a concerned frown.

"He's probably been introducing himself as part of another clan all these years." Storm muttered, rubbing his temples in irritation.

"How can you not suspect it when he's the size of a kid?" Mark demanded.

"We mean introducing himself low key." Storm corrected flatly. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, averting my eyes and folding my arms over my chest.

"Whatever, that part doesn't matter. What the hell is Nicholas doing with Newell?" I demanded, glancing at Storm for help, but he shook his head slowly before we all looked at Oscar, who stiffened at the attention and took a cautious step back.

"Did Nicholas say where he was going?" I asked as Oscar glanced between Storm and I before giving us a sour look.

"I didn't catch that part. All I heard was vampire this, vampire that. And now I'm debating whether to admit myself into the psyche ward at the hospital." He groaned, tilting his head back to look up at the sky as if to ask why God. Mark snorted.

"I could've told you that." He respondes snarkily. Oscar twitched and started to take a step toward him, but I got in front of Oscar so he bumped into me, then leapt back as if he had touched fire, but I gently reached out and touched his arm, watching him stiffen as he stared down at me.

"Please, Oscar. I don't want to hurt Nicholas. I want to find him and help him. The person he's with is dangerous." I pleaded. Oscar nibbled his lower lip, studying my face before he groaned in distress, pulling away from me to stare at the ground. His expression was scrunched in deep concentration as he tried to remember the conversation and I just bit my lip with anticipation. It was a few moments before Oscar looked up.

"Red Field. They said something about Red Field." He stated. I frowned for a second before my eyes widened and I turned to Storm and Mark, who looked at me expectantly.

"The house! The one that Newell had led us to! That's where they're staying." I concluded.

"That kid was my cousin?" Mark asked, surprised.

"It's easy to spot a Drakon," Storm informed, taking Mark's hand and giving it a squeeze, "Your clan is known for having black hair and blue eyes. Even your Druid ancestors had them."

"Well, that's great and sweet and all," Oscar began, making us glance at him, "But what the hell are you guys talking about and how is that going to help Nicholas? I think he joined them because he thinks they're going to get Alex for him." I blinked, looking at him in confusion.

"What'd you mean?" I asked. Oscar frowned.

"Nicholas likes you. Like, seriously to the point where he'll do anything to be with you and it's almost freaky. I think these people told Nicholas they'd find a way for you to be with him so long as he did what they said." He explained.

"He thinks we're still engaged." I realized, whirling to Storm, who grimaced.

"Still what?" Oscar asked in disbelief.