Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Alexander)

Friday night was cold.

The autumn breeze became almost winter-like, whipping the dead leaves off the rickety tree branches outside. It ripped and slapped at the flowers in my family's gardens, turning them brown and crippled as they fell to the soft, cold soil below.

The sky wasn't dark yet, just lightly touched with black and blue amongst oranges, purples, and pinks. My eyes fell on the purple streaks that painted the silky clouds that threatened to disperse overheard.

Purple is fake. It's just red and blue mixed together to form a new color.

Storm's words echoed in my head, making me scowl as I pulled the hood of my black skeleton printed sweatshirt over my head. I fell back on my bed, lacing up my combat boots, tucking my skinny jeans and zipping the sweatshirt up to hide the V-neck underneath. I rolled off my bed, grabbing some cash and heading out the door.

This was it.

Last night of real freedom.

And I wasn't about to let it be ruined.

I came downstairs to find Amber already waiting, wearing a long black sweater under a red and orange designed poncho, matching her red corduroy skinny jeans. Her blonde hair was done up in a loose, curly bun with an owl feather hanging free to join a crow's feather.

"You look nice." I complimented, scanning her up and down. Amber did a little twirl and smirked, giving me a playful wink.

"I may be there to join your friendly fiance and freakish human, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna pick me up some dates. I've always been curious about the girls at your school." She added with a shrug, folding her arms over her chest. I rolled my eyes, then looked up to hear the sound of clomping boots.

Storm came down in a skin tight black turtlneck, leather jacket, leather pants, and tall leather boots. He looked like a badass ready to take over the world. It actually made me blush and Amber whistled.

"Ha cha cha," She exclaimed, putting a hand on her hip, "Aren't you ready to party?" Storm glanced at her as he fixed the cuffs on his jacket, giving it a jerk so it stayed on his shoulders.

"I'm also planning to impress someone." He answered, quickly looking at me before heading for the door first. Amber and I shared looks before following Storm out of the house. We decided to walk so we could better plan how tonight would go.

"So, let me get this straight," Amber quoted calmly, "You're going in to make out with Nicholas. Storm's going in to make out with Mark. I'm going in to make out with the first cutest chick I see. Is this what this is? Just one big orgy fest? I thought humans dropped that after the Romans got out of control." I scowled, shoving my hands into the pockets of my sweatshirt.

"It's not an orgy. I just want to see him again before..." My voice trailed and we were silent for a while, just the sound of my boots thumping, Storm's boots clomping, and Amber's high heels clicking. A gust of autumn wind ruffled our clothes as we crossed the street, making Amber giggle.

"I feel like we're some kind of badass vamps from a vampire movie. We're just missing We Will Rock You by Queen or something." She stated. Storm smirked, then blinked as loud music filled the air from the football stadium at the school. We paused in the parking lot, staring up at the bright lights that shown over the bleachers.

"Are you kidding me." I deadpanned as the music blasted Queen's We Will Rock You. Amber squealed and leapt up and down a couple times, clenching her fists.