Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen (Nicholas)

"What the hell was that?! You could've killed him!"

I was pissed. The little band of vampires I'd joined up with had pretty much almost killed the whole reason I joined them and it made my blood boil hotly in my veins as I sat forward in the cop car we'd stolen. Kristophe sat in the driver's seat, lighting up a cigarette and blowing the smoke into the car, making me grimace in disgust. He glanced at me with a smile.

"No, your lover is far too smart for that. As is his lovely sister. They're alive. And they're moving East. Interesting... I would think they're next stop to be Red Field." He decided, taking another puff on his cigarette before starting the car up. I frowned, sitting back in my seat as Kristophe drove the squad car out of the ditch and onto the highway.

"I don't understand what's going on yet. Why aren't you telling me anything? I know Storm needs to die, both of us want him gone. But Mark's in that car too. What's he got to do with this?" I asked, confused as Kristophe weaved in and out of backed up traffic with his siren blaring crazily.

"In time, half-blood. You must train first. You must know why my kind, both purebloods and half-bloods, do not deserve the punishment of living hidden from the human world. You must learn why humans are not our masters, but the other way around." Kristophe explained calmly as he took another drag off his cigarette and sighed, the smoke filling the car. I scrunched up my nose and wave a hand in my face before I licked my lips, almost nicking my tongue on my new fangs.

Fangs.

I was one of them too. It wouldn't be long before they made me drink fresh blood, from a fresh human, instead of one of their little blood bags.

The thought scared me. Did drinking a human's blood fresh mean I'd have to kill them? I didn't like thinking about it. It made my skin crawl and I shuddered, covering my face with a hand.

"At least tell me more about Storm. I want to know who I'm killing." I said at last. Kristophe smiled and glanced at me before looking at the high way.

"I suppose I can tell you that. Storm's full name is Storm Van Gothica. His is the only son of Vladimir Van Gothica. Vladimir is the head of the Gothica clan. There are seven clans, not all of them still here today. Gothica, Grey, Drakon, Lupis, Vulcan, Eros, and Xios. The Drakons were distant cousins of the Gothica Clan and Vladimir Van Gothica couldn't stand the power the Drakons had, so what better way to gain back their respect by destroying them? Vladimir made sure to have all the clans members killed. Once he was finished with them, he moved onto Lupis, the clan famous for breeding with werewolves."

"Werewolves exist too?" I exclaimed. Kristophe chuckled, blowing another cloud of smoke into the car, but I ignored it this time. I was too sucked into this.

Something about this was so... interesting. Exotic. Entertaining. It was like being part of a movie, only more dangerous, more life threatening.

"Yes," He answered and continued his teaching, "There are many things you will encounter that you may never have thought existed. You must be prepared and do not show that you're surprised. If you ever let yourself reveal your secrets, your opponent will immediately latch on and suck you dry like a tick."

"Understood."

"Excellent. As I was saying before, Vladimir is very powerful. He even reigns over the Grey family. That is why Storm is betrothed to Alex. They are both purebloods."

"Wait, Alex?" I managed, snapping my head to stare at him. Kristophe flicked his cigarette out the window, glancing at me with a raise eyebrow as he swerved through traffic toward the next exit ramp.