Chapter Three

Chapter Three (Alexander)

"Let me go downstairs first to let my parents know. You stay here." I ordered.

Mark scrunched up his nose, but reluctantly plopped onto my bed, one leg folded over the other as if he were mocking me. I rolled my eyes and disappeared from the room, shutting the door behind me. I made my way down the hall and only made it to the top of the stairs when I saw him.

My hand clenched the wooden rail, my eyes flickering at the sight of the man I was supposed to marry in three months. The last time I had seen him was when I was ten-years-old, and he sixteen. Now, I was almost eighteen and he was twenty-four.

He looked like a super model.

His hair was jet black and cut short, lightly spiked. A stark contrast to his bright blue-green eyes that cut through the house like blades of ice. Dark stubble shadowed the lower part of his face, giving him an older, more powerful look. He wore a sleek black leather jacket, a pair of Calvin Klein sunglasses sitting on his head. His pants were tight black leather, hugging his hips and trailing down long, muscular legs.

He was gorgeous.

It didn't surprise me. He was one of the most powerful creatures of our species and his father was even more powerful. However, I noticed that it was only Storm standing beside my mother and father, who were showering him with attention and affection-- the kind they never gave Amber and I.

I had only stood there for a moment when Storm looked up, his pale eyes glinting in the light of the chandelier above his head. I stiffened, every muscle in my body going rigid. My mother frowned and followed Storm's gaze before gaping.

"Alex, what are you wearing?" She demanded in disgust, referring to my jeans and long-sleeve black shirt. I frowned, but didn't respond and instead came down the stairs cautiously to greet my fiance for the first time in almost eight years. He was taller, just like he was before, only this time, I was a little bit closer to his eyes.

"Storm," My father began before my mother could chide me for my plain outfit, "This is Alexander. He's been anticipating your arrival for months now." That was stretching it. I wasn't anticipating it out of joy, but nervousness and sickness. I didn't want to marry this guy.

He was handsome, yes. Hell, handsome didn't even cover it. He was like a Greek God torn out of a history book. His manners were impeccable as he reached out, taking out my hand in his. He brushed his thumb over my knuckles, making me expect that he was going to kiss them. However, instead, he leaned in and brushed his lips over my forehead before withdrawing.

I felt a chill course up my spine.

And he was romantic.

But I didn't love him and the thought felt like it was bold in my eyes. Storm didn't react, though. He was very calm and placid, formal and polite.

"It's a pleasure to see you again after so much time." He greeted me. I blinked, snapping out of my stupor to nod in agreement. I didn't know what else to say and my parents looked irked that I had yet to respond, so I searched through my head and finally came to a response.

"I couldn't agree more. I'm honored that you're staying with us." I replied. Storm didn't smile, just nodded in achknowledgement.

I had a feeling, that despite the arrangements that had been made, Storm didn't love me either. At least, he didn't act like it. He was just being proper with my parents in the room. I had a feeling he wasn't really like this.

"Well," My mother exclaimed, clasping her hands together to fill the awkward silence that followed, "I'll have Amber get us some drinks. What would you prefer?"