Chapter 6: Moon-kun

Earth-chan grew frightened to see such a scary guy as Moon-kun up close.

"Hello, emos, thanks for inviting me over!"

Moon-kun grinned proudly like a true troublemaker. Once he saw Earth, however, he furrowed his brow, making her shiver.

Why is this creepy guy staring at me?

"Hmm... You're not one of these emos, are you?"

Earth-chan got confused and hesitated to answer, so Pluto-chan replied in her stead:

"No, she's not from our emo group. Earth is my group-mate from Milky Way's class. She's one of the smallest planets in the Solar Group. I called her over because Charon and the others wanted to meet her since she did so well in the recent Basketball Event."

"Oh? So you're that blue-haired girl who scored the final shot in the final match?"

Moon-kun put his hands in his pockets and walked up to Earth. She awkwardly smiled at him, for she couldn't determine what this weird guy wanted. Moon grinned at her with the blazing white teeth:

"Good job on kicking Sun's butt!"

"Huh?" Earth blinked in confusion at first, for she didn't expect such a reaction from him, but then blushed: "Hehe, thanks..."

Moon winked at her. Then, he frowned at Charon, who had already taken a seat on a sofa:

"So, why did you call me up? I know you had another reason besides wanting to see me."

"Chill a bit, bro. You're always either studying or suffering from your weird mood swings... I thought it was a good chance to let you relax."

"Oh, really? So, it's not to copy my homework?"

"Oh, you've done it already? Then let me copy it while we're at it."

Everyone laughed, including Earth. Moon rolled his eyes and threw his notebook over to Charon. Then he took a seat on a sofa, right next to Earth, startling her a bit. Pluto sat on the other side to Earth, while her friends took seats near Charon.

"Okay then," Pluto said, "let's have some fun!"

"Aww, what are we going to play, Big Sis?" Nix-chan clapped with happiness.

"Let's play Truth or Dare!"

Pluto grinned, almost pulling a demonic face. The emo friends and Moon laughed, while Earth gulped at such a scary face of Pluto-chan:

These guys' Truth or Dare won't be a normal game...

Pluto brought an empty bottle and put it on the table in the middle of the friends.

"Let's begin!" She spun the bottle. It fell on Earth. "Well, truth or dare?"

"Um, T... Truth..."

If I say 'dare', stars know what they might demand me to do.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Charon threw in a question.

"Ugh, Charon-kun, that's such a simple one. You wasted a chance!" Pluto sulked.

"No." Earth grew red.

"Wow, so strange..." Charon raised an eyebrow, "I hear everyone in the Solar Group has a boyfriend, except for Mercury-chan, Jupiter, and Saturn because they all aim at Sun Senpai."

"I am also in that list."

"Huh? You mean the single girl squad who run after that dumb Sun?" Hydra laughed, "You're kidding, right?"

"No, I'm not." Earth clenched her fists, apparently upset that these guys mocked the ones like her.

"Aww, come on! We thought you were different_"

Kerberos poked Hydra and shook his head, giving her a sign that her behaviour was impolite, so she stopped.

"But still, to not have a boyfriend just so you could try your luck on a big guy who's so popular that your chances are nearly zero, due to so many rivals..." Nix shrugged, "That doesn't sound rational to me."

"Nix-chan!" Pluto got angry – where were their manners?!

They heard a bang on the table and got startled. They all glanced at Earth, who had hit her fist to the table, her eyes full of tiny tears:

"I'm not single because I run after untouchable guys. The true reason is that I have parasites in my hair, and no one dares approach me! Are you satisfied now?"

The youths stared at her in surprise. Pluto had an empathetic gaze, while the others were dumbfounded – parasites?! Ew!

"Parasites? You don't mean humans?"

"Huh?" Earth blinked at Moon – how did he know? "Y... Yes. Why?"

"My father has been attending to one student for quite some time now..." Moon smiled. "He said she was a special case. At first, she had parasites named 'dinosaurs' in her hair, so he gave her a special Meteor Shampoo to get rid of them. She did. But after some time, new parasites appeared in her hair – humans, and animals. Those humans caused her to fall ill. Nevertheless, she refused to utilize the Meteor Shampoo again, for she didn't want to kill off those creatures. She believed they were kind and would definitely stop with their harmful deeds once they found out she was in a bad condition. I was quite fascinated when I heard there was such a considerate girl in our college, who thought about the lives of such tiny creatures as parasites are."

Earth stared at him with her mouth wide open – she could easily guess the girl from his speech was no one but her.

"So, you are a son of Theia Sensei?"

She never knew the college doctor had a son!

"Yes. I am glad to get to know you, Earth Senpai. I've always wanted to meet you since I heard that story."

"Um, thanks..."

Earth grew completely red. A grateful smile covered her face.

Moon, huh? He's quite nice.

She had a lot of fun on that day. They played Truth or Dare and had quite some funny moments. But the happiest moment for Earth was when she found out that not everyone thought bad of her because of her illness... that there was Moon-kun, and these emo guys, who could actually accept her for who she was, just like Venus-chan and Mars-kun did.