Chapter 7: The Illness

It was night. Planetarium College had gotten silent. All of the students, lecturers, administrators, even the principal, had gone to beds in their rooms. Earth-chan was in her private bathroom located in her room, taking a pleasant shower, utilizing her pure Water Shampoo she adored so much.

 Earth-chan was in her private bathroom located in her room, taking a pleasant shower, utilizing her pure Water Shampoo she adored so much

Humans don't get harmed when I utilize Water Shampoos...

She smiled – she never wanted to hurt those little creatures living in her hair, even though they were the reason for her illness.

I am sure they are kind. They will understand their home feels bad, and they'll change the way they act.

She pressed her hands to her chest as the pleasant shower sprinkled upon her body. However, once she finished foaming her head with the Water Shampoo and stood under the shower to wash it off, some strange purple-to-green liquid poured off her head, right off her hair. Before she knew it, the liquid gave off a vicious smell that hurt her lungs so much she began to cough. She covered her mouth with her hands, but her cough intensified. She looked down at her palms and shuddered – her green blood had sprinkled all over them.

I... I am coughing blood?!

Her condition had worsened! What was this vile purple liquid?

But I can't skip classes tomorrow! I've got a test!

She ran out of the bathroom, grabbed some pills and swallowed them with some cosmic drink. She sighed with relief as the coughing had stopped... for now. Tears gushed from her eyes – what was that liquid in her hair? Why had its quantity increased so suddenly? Before, she thought it was only dirt in her hair for not having washed it more often, but now... now it was a true disaster! She glanced into a mirror and gasped in fright – her eyes had gone blue, and her skin – pale and yellowish. She had such a tired gaze...

"I must definitely visit Theia Sensei tomorrow. This is worse than I thought!"

That night she barely slept, so worried and concerned she was about her condition. The next day, she felt a little better. She put on clothes, brushed her teeth, did her toilette, had her breakfast, and took her schoolbag. Before she'd leave her room, she caught a glance of her medical shelf. She took a surgical mask and put it on:

I have enough problems because of my illness. It would be a burden to bother others if I start coughing.

She exited her room and walked through corridors and stairs, accessing her classroom. Her group-mates were already sitting around Sun-kun – the group head. She sighed once saw Sun-kun but then smiled noticing her two friends – Venus and Mars. She walked up to them. Pluto-chan too caught the sight of her and waved a hand, listening to heavy metal music with her earphones at the same time. Earth-chan too joyfully waved back and then took her seat beside Venus and Mars, who greeted her with no less warmth. But once they noticed her surgical mask, they grew concerned.

"Earth-chan, darling, what's wrong?" Venus asked.

"Nothing special, I'm fine." Earth-chan smiled, trying to hide the truth in order not to worry them much. "I'm just going to visit my doctor today, after lunch."

"Ah! Why so suddenly?"

Venus got even more concerned – she knew too well Earth-chan often used to hide the important truth about her health just to let their minds be at ease, which instead made her worry even more than usual.

"Well, I coughed yesterday, and this strange liquid came down my hair... It was purple, like back in old times, but of a terribly large amount." Earth finally decided to tell the truth as Venus-chan didn't plan to give up.

"Ah, that's terrible! You know what? You must use this Ultra-Fire Meteor Shampoo. I use it every day and see? My hair's blazing blond!" Venus rubbed her own hair a little coquettishly. "Even Sun-kun uses it. I do know as he is my cousin. You should use it too. I bet that liquid is the result of those damn parasites. It will get rid of them in a blink."

Mars chuckled:

Mars chuckled:

"You and your shampoos again..."

"Huh? And what makes you talk?" Venus turned to him, full of anger, "You still have those freckles because you don't use creams like me, and look at your messy red hair! If you don't wash it thoroughly like I advise you to, those parasitic humans will invade there too."

Mars let out a laugh, while Earth, no more able to bear this talk, angrily banged her fist to her desk, making both friends start and glance at her.

"I told you I do not wish to kill them off! I did kill dinosaurs before, but humans are more considerate. They shall know what to do. They will understand. They can understand!"

Their heated discussion was soon forced to an end, for Milky Way Sensei walked in and the lesson started. But Venus was still concerned about her friend, and Mars too had grown sorrowful. They should do something. It couldn't go on like this... for Earth's sake, too.