Chapter 18: Earth-chan's New Life

Earth-chan was soon discharged from the hospital of the Planetarium College and was able to attend the classes again. Venus-chan and Mars-kun helped her even back in the hospital to catch up with the material, so she didn't have a hard time. One thing was really sad, though – due to her illness and the coughs, her voice became hoarse, so she was unable to participate in the Yearly Song Contest that was approaching. Even worse – she became obliged to undergo intensive therapy, and due to that, Doctor Theia advised her to quit singing for a while, in order not to damage her lungs.

"It is important for you to breathe steadily because, due to a large amount of poison, your lungs have been damaged. It is crucial for you to restore their health."

Earth-chan heaved a sigh – she wished so strongly to participate in the contest, and what was worse now, she wouldn't be able to participate in any near future contests either!

"This is so sad..."

Moon was no less upset:

"Ugh, if you don't participate, I won't either! This is unfair!"

"Huh? No!" Earth-chan got frightened, "Don't throw away the chance because of me!"

"No, I won't participate. I have made up my mind. I don't want to sing solo. I want to sing in a duet with you."

"Aww, Moon-kun..." Earth hugged him, "You're so cute!"

Moon blushed and hugged her back:

"I love you, Earth-chan..."

"I love you too."

Thus, the couple decided to face the difficulties together. The contest was still held, though. Victor-kun and Betelgeuse-chan came out the winners since their duet was superb like always.

"Congratulations, Betelgeuse nē-san!" Mars clapped, joyful for his sister's victory. "You were amazing!"

Betelgeuse and Victor threw a friendly party, celebrating their victory. Earth-chan and Moon-kun attended this party too, as their friends. It was truly a planetary celebration.

"Aww, Earth-chan, I am so sorry you were unable to participate!" Betelgeuse caressed her on the head. "I really wanted to hear you sing!"

"Hehe, thank you for your concern, Betelgeuse Senpai..." Earth blushed, "But it is fine. Theia-san said I'll be able to sing in some years, so I'll be looking forward to it."

"Ah, that's a relief! I hope that time comes soon! So, what about those parasites in your hair? How are things going on?"

"They're no more some parasites." Moon-kun cut into their conversation and embraced Earth-chan, "They're Earth-chan's little friends now."

"Huh? How come?" Venus blinked.

"Well, they don't harm me as much as before." Earth smiled. "They try to reduce the poison by themselves."

"Eh? Who would've thought?" Mars chuckled, "So they turned out to be a bit intelligent after all, huh?"

"Hehe, I guess..."

Earth-chan felt happy like never before – she had such good friends by her side, such a great boyfriend, and such a bright future ahead! Of course, she still had some problems with her health and needed to continue her therapy, but it was a lot easier than in the past. Now she knew that, just as Moon-kun had stated, humans were no longer some poisonous parasites, but her little friends.