Chapter 9: Appointment with the Doctor

"What can you say, Theia Sensei?" Earth-chan asked the college doctor after this latter examined her and heaved a sigh.

"As you might have guessed, Earth-san, your condition has worsened." He wrote down some notes on his paper. "The purple liquid you talked about is actually poison made by the parasites in your hair. The miasma that the purple liquid releases, does not only affect your lungs very brutally but your hair, too – if before only small parts of your green hair had gone yellow, now the process has drastically increased in speed."

"Isn't yellow hair the sign of healthiness, though?" Earth-chan was surprised – both Venus and Sun had yellow hair, and they were two of the healthiest in the whole class.

"I am not talking about the blazing yellow hair you can often see on various stars, Earth-san. I mean dead yellow hair, and it is very bad. You see – your hair is quite peculiar and different from other planets' ones. It is blue because you possess a large amount of water inside of you, which most of the planets and the minors do not have. I suspect it is due to such a large quantity of water that many parasites are drawn to you. On the other hand, the water increases your health drastically, compared to other planets, and so parts of your hair go green – it is the healthiest condition of all. I have seen it only on very few students here. Thus, if your hair goes dead yellow in its greenish parts, it means your health is greatly worsening. Actually, your dead yellowish hair is bad for the parasites too, as they need greenness of your plants and blueness of your water to survive."

"So, you mean, they're hurting both me and themselves?" Earth gasped – poor creatures, they acted so recklessly and had no idea what they were doing!

"Precisely. Your condition is different from when you had dinosaurs in your hair. These new parasites – humans – are far more poisonous and dangerous. I suggest you using this Ultra-Fire Meteor Shampoo to get rid of them so that your health can quickly go back to normal."

Doctor Theia showed her the same shampoo that Venus had earlier talked to her about. Earth furrowed her brow and covered her hair with her hands:

"No, I will never kill these creatures! They're nice!"

"You do see by the recent analyses we've done that they're killing you, don't you? It is not about protecting some creatures' lives anymore, Earth-san. Your own life is on the line. You won't have much left if you continue permitting those creatures to eat your resources up."

"No! I won't kill them!"

Earth pouted, still covering her hair. Theia sighed:

"Well then, continue our therapy

"Well then, continue our therapy. If things get worse, contact me immediately. You're free."

"Alright. Thank you, Sensei."

Earth took her bag and walked up to the door to exit the room. Moon-kun, who was hiding behind that very door, once heard the footsteps come closer, darted off and hid behind a corner of the corridor. Earth-chan came out and looked around in wonder. When she saw the area was empty, she shrugged and walked off. She soon disappeared in another corridor.

Once he caught her out of sight, Moon-kun sighed with relief. He ran out of his hiding-place and knocked on the doctor's door. Theia-san adjusted his glasses in surprise – who could it be now? He had no booked visits at this hour.

"Come in!"

Moon-kun rushed in and slammed the door behind. He banged his hands on the stupefied doctor's table:

"Dad, was it really true?"

"What are you talking about? Is it yet time for you to enter another of your peculiar phases?"

"Ugh, no, dad!" Moon frowned – how come he considered his speech that crazy? "I'm asking about Earth Senpai! Is her condition really that bad? You said she was going to die!"

"Ugh, you were eavesdropping again?!"

Theia almost sprang up in anger – just when was he going to give up on such nasty behaviour?! Moon-kun grew frightened – damn, it had slipped off his tongue!

"Um, no, I... Ugh, yeah, I was."

"That does it – you're going to be confined to your room, young man!"

"Okay..." Moon cast his eyes down. "So, is Earth Senpai's condition really that bad?"

"I'm afraid, yes. How come you are so concerned about it, though?"

"I... I have a crush on her..." Moon nervously twisted his fingers and smiled in a foolish manner, growing red.

"Ugh, you're hopeless..." Theia palmed his face. "If you like a girl, stalking her is the last thing you want to do!"

"But dad, she's so different! She attracts me..." Moon grinned, already imagining Earth's heavenly beauty.

"Oh my goodness... Fine, but you're still confined to your room."

"Okay..." Moon hung his head in despair. "Say, dad, will you save her? Please, save Earth-san!"

"I've already prescribed her the best medicine. Whether she listens to my advice or not, is up to her."

"But you must save her, dad! You are Theia Sensei, the greatest doctor of all time!"

"I did all I could. It all depends on her will now."

Moon grew sorrowful. He retired to his room which was situated right next to the doctor's one, and fell onto his bed, floating into his thoughts:

I hope she will be okay... If anything happens to her, I'll be there. I'll make sure I'm there!