Chapter 13: Earth-chan's Condition Worsens

Time passed. Earth-chan continued her therapy. Moon-kun, who was put in detention in his room, contemplated her from his window every day, unable to get his eyes off her windows, even if the curtains were covering them. He was enraptured by Earth-chan's beauty and charm:

This three-week detention has turned out to be quite divine! Thank Stars my room faces her one...

Earth-chan's condition was worsening day by day. She still stubbornly refused to utilize the Ultra-Fire Meteor Shampoo and went on with Water Shampoos, but the poisonous purple liquid that the parasites produced was increasing, and soon it turned out so bad that even her classmates noticed her hair was a mess.

"Ew! What's that? Some strange purple liquid is running off your hair!"

Jupiter and Saturn, these elder girls who were annoying enough even before, now openly showed their disgust towards her, gripping their noses with their fingers. Such an attitude of theirs made poor Earth-chan burst into tears, but then, even worse followed:

"Earth-chan, go and see the doctor. We cannot have you infest the whole class." Milky Way Sensei demanded.

This was the last straw. Earth-chan stood up, packed her things and went out of the classroom, tears gushing from her eyes. Venus-chan and Mars-kun got so worried that they excused themselves to the teacher and ran straight after Earth.

"Earth-chan, wait up!"

They caught up with her in the corridor. Earth looked at them with sorrow, not in the mood to talk.

"Earth-chan, that does it – use this shampoo today!" Venus showed her the Ultra-Fire Meteor Shampoo.

"Leave me alone..."

"I know sometimes Venus's obsession towards shampoos, creams, and clothes is annoying, Earth-chan, but now she's right." Mars puckered, "You must put an end to this. You don't even look pale anymore but sallow! It is dangerous!"

"I said leave me alone!" Earth cried out in anger and ran off to her room.

"Such a stubborn girl!" Venus crossed her arms.

"I think we should report it to Theia Sensei. Maybe he has something to put her to sleep so we could wash her hair ourselves. If this continues, she'll truly die. Did you notice how she has a problem with breathing now? She didn't have that before." Mars was concerned.

"I know, right! Her condition has terribly worsened. We shouldn't leave it like that!"

The couple ran towards the doctor's office to alert him of the problem. Meanwhile, Earth-chan entered her room and closed the door. She threw her bag to the floor and fell onto her bed, crying hot tears on a pillow:

I don't want to kill humans! Why is everybody against them? They are nice. They are living beings. I wonder how those planets would feel if they were threatened to be killed off? Surely, they wouldn't like it! Then why are they so keen on slaughtering other living beings? These humans too are so reckless, though – how can they be hurting me so much when they are sure to die if they damage my health? Can they not realise it is mutually bad for all of us? Ugh, if only I could speak with them... I'd tell them how much I love them and care about them, and would ask them to lend me a hand, too, or else I don't know how longer I can hold out... If humans continue like this, I am sure papa will take extreme measures, and then I won't be able to help at all, like back then, when they put me to sleep and washed those dinosaurs off my hair with the Meteor Shampoo. I didn't want to hurt them either, but they made me get rid of them... However, with humans, it won't be the same – I'm going to protect them, even if it takes all my energy!

She began hysterically coughing. She gasped for cosmic dust as her lungs couldn't receive enough of it.

Ah, what's happening?

She ran up to the windows and opened them wide. She tried to take in as much cosmic dust as she could, but it was of no use – her coughs intensified, and she noticed her vision was going blurred.

Someone, help me...

She fell back, slowly losing consciousness. She caught a glimpse of two feet jump in from the open windows and young manly arms grab her. That was the last thing she managed to see with her blurred vision before she blacked out.