Chapter 3 - Jacket!!

🍁🍁"I'm not Antisocial.
                           I'm Pro-Solitude!!"🍁🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

I closed my car's door and walked straight to the school with one wish. I wished to pass this day without coming in the knowledge of anyone just like any other day. Before I could walk inside the school's entrance gate, my eyes caught Becca walking towards me.

She had worn a cute pink top and had paired it with white shorts reaching her mid-thigh. The high pony and the white sneakers completed her look. She looked so graceful. Our eyes met. She stopped in her tracks and waited for me to reach up to her.

"Bryce, glad we meet at the school's entrance. I want to say something", she said. I noticed students noticing this new girl. Why won't they?

Human beings tend to appreciate beauty in the first look. Be it the book we choose to read or new restaurant we decide to have our meal, the first thing we see is how it looks. One must never judge a book by its cover but we always pick up a beautiful book with a super cute cover or something attractive. We might regret after reading the book because of its content or might have bad reviews about a fancy looking diner if its taste doesn't match to our satisfaction but we didn't change our views.

Becca was that book whose cover will tempt you to buy it. But after reading it, all you'll get is regret. I adjusted my cap over my head. I don't want any kind of attention because of my beautiful stepsister.

"Say fast", I said.

"Let's stay like we don't know each other at school. I don't want to be tagged with you in any way. You and I will stay like strangers", she said.

"Well, we're already strangers. I, also don't want to be tagged with you in any way. I am ok being not with you", I replied.

"That's a relief. Bye", she said and walked ahead. I sighed. I was about to start walking behind her but my eyes again landed on someone.

At a few distances, the old cleaner lady of our school was walking towards the school carrying two big watercanes. She was having difficulty in carrying them. Something stopped me from walking away and I walked towards her.

"Can I help you?", I asked walking over to her.

She looked up at me. The wrinkles over her forehead and the smooth saggy skin near her mouth which was losing connection with her jaws and the multiple folds of skin over her palm made me feel bad for her. Her eyes were shrunk inside the eye socket and the skin around them was saggy, soft and loose. She's too old to retire. Why is she doing such heavy work at this age? Her backbone was bent and the way she held her knees just made my eyes teary. She's suffering.

"No. No, you're a kid. You should not do this", she said. I immediately picked up one cane using all my force. I can manage it, I thought.

"You're too old. You should not do this either", I said.

"Today the workers didn't come that's why I'm doing it. If school staff see you doing this, they'll fire me", she said with fear in her eyes.

"No one knows me", I said and placed the watercan back on the ground. I removed my bag from my shoulder and gave it to her.

"Leave these. I'll drop them to the school gate. You stay here holding my bag", I said and picked up one watercan. It was heavy enough. I picked it up with my both hands and placed my both hand at its floor. Gritting my teeth and taking a deep breath, I walked to the school's gate and placed it near the watchman's cabin. I did the same with the second cane. My white top was wetted a bit because of the water splashing over my top from the cane and the dirty watercane spoiled my top. Dirt and water did an amazing job in making mud over my top.