Chapter 31 - Two Dates!!

🍁"Be Loud About Things That Are Important To You"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

After finishing the pizza in silence, Kyler got up. He threw the empty box in the bin and started walking. I walked by his side. His silence kept poking me. I felt anxious. He was acting out of the box.

"Why aren't you asking me anything?", I asked and he gave me a silent glare.

"Does it matter? You'll ignore me like you always do. I don't want to end up like a loser", he said as he left a sigh. His words hit me right on spot today.

Am I very rude to him? Maybe.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel bad. I'm not okay with sharing my private life", I said. Today I can understand how does it feel to be on the caring side. Caleb gave me the bitter medicine I've been serving to others for years.

Karma is a bi**h.

"I understand. But I'm just concerned about you. When I said that I care about you, those weren't just words. I meant that. You have to trust me for once", he said and I just nodded.

I have trust issues. I'm sorry but I can't help.

"Caleb asked me to help him out", I said as we reached near his bike. I never looked at Kyler for once. My eyes were fixed to his footwears.

Eye contacts aren't my thing.

"What help?", He asked as he sat on the bike. He was now at my eye level so I had to look up into his eyes. I maintained contacts for three seconds and then looked at the signal light behind him.

"He wants my mother to give Olin a makeover on her wedding", I said.

"And that's why he invited you? To ask for a favour!", Kyler said. He sounded surprised as if he wasn't expecting this from Caleb.

I never expected this from my crush either.

"Yes. I mean he's not wrong. Love makes you selfish and selfless both at the same time", I said and Kyler frowned.

"From what I'm seeing. Caleb was completely selfish today. He's pathetic. You must be feeling bad. I'm sorry about him", he said and I shook my head in NO.

"Caleb is a guy in love. It's not his fault. When we love someone we become selfish. All we want is to have our partner whole for ourselves. Look at me. I was selfish today. I know he is going to marry someone but my heart becomes greedy. I wanted to impress him even if it's for one day, one hour or just for one second. Ain't I pathetic?", I said and Kyler stayed silent. I looked at him and he just nodded in an understanding way.

Why am I opening up to him?

"How is love selfless then?", He asked.

"Caleb's love for Olin is making him do all the things he'd never do. He's sacrificing his image of a self-sufficient guy by asking favours from me just for his love. A mere smile on Olin's face is making him look pathetic in your eyes but he doesn't care. Love makes you do stupid things", I told him.

Kyler folded his hands across his chest and left a deep sigh. He seems to be indulged in deep thoughts. I held my sling bag and waited for him to speak. I know he'll ask another question.